cobra rods and pistons

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
Hey Fellas, I came across a termee short block.. the one thing that is a bit odd about it is that the rods are H beams but I dont see the Manley/Svt/Ford logo and part number on the side of the rod.. it does have ARP bolts.... Did some of the rods not get marked? the car is a 04.. and I pulled the engine out myself...

The crank is a 8 bolt crank and has the "rainbow" look that the kellog cranks have... the other thing is I can't see any markings on the bottom of the pistons... the short block is still assembled... this is just from me trying to see down the oil pan area with a flashlight....

SSChris NY

Established Member
Most likely the engine is a re-built from Ford or who knows lol, All Cobra Stock engines come stock with Manley rods and pistons and you will always find the Manley's trade mark on them.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
It very well could be a forged 4340 H-beam rod, but not necessarily a Manley/SVT rod from a Cobra. There's lots of other brands and knock-offs that have no markings on them. It should be pretty easy to tell the difference from a factory sintered and shotpeened forged H-beams though.

Users who are viewing this thread