Cobra run barter town!

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
having just finished up a rather brutal mountain bike ride my buddy Badger and i went to grab some chow. it was decided that we would take the Cobra... because Friday night.

cleaned up, bellies full and completely recharged, we were looking for something to get into. given the general lack of attractive and/or eligible women in the establishment we were at, the decision to go troll a local "tuner" spot seemed to be a great idea.

we go and hang out for a bit, little ribbing and some honda on honda crime seemed to be all that was going on. it didn't take long before the import / 4cyl guys wanted to see the V8 cars go at it. seems like a reasonable thing to do.... a few of the kids i know want to know exactly where the Cobra stands.

we had the Cobra, a modded LS1 F-body (he wouldn't disclose his mods... top secret) and a Roush charged 3 valve GT - kid claims all kinds of stuff and has ricer excuses for days, maybe it's a Rouch car, maybe it's a clone, either way he does have an M90 pullied down "two sizes" and exhaust.

there is a stretch of closed road near by in Barter Town, safe from domestic rules and regulations. i think it's called Thunderdome or something. guess where we went?

LS1 guy was cool and we decided to line 'em up first. he wanted 60 roll, i wanted 40... after we were rolling he told me to honk it off. naturally i slowed to 40 then started the count.

his 60 roll wouldn't have changed the results. we seemed to get a clean, even start and that was as close as he got to winning. by the time i shifted to third i was a car ahead. third gear saw me pull another zip code and part of fourth was just for grins.

someone said one of the SRT4's that was tailing us came from behind and started creeping past the LS1 :eek:

another lap around the closed course and the Roush got a run with the LS1. i didn't see it but the LS1 got a second dose of tail lights. between 2 and 6 cars by witnesses. really? 2 or 6? ehh, whatever... poor LS1.

figuring the Roush would be a decent run, we give it a go. he let me decide on the roll and wanted me to honk. i give him three and let him clearly get the hit. i waited until i could hear the little Eaton scream before i jumped in it.

having given away a fender i instantly stopped his pull and started gaining ground. rounding out second i was rear bumper to his front. shift to third with my awesome MGW shifter and CobraBob gasket (cough, cough da5deuce cough, cough) and just ran away. pushed third to 5,500 hit fourth and eased up on it. with the train cars already adding up between us i didn't see the need to run it out anymore.

we pulled into a lot to talk for a minute, shake hands and then headed home.

having asserted Cobro dominance in the Thunderdome on this particular night, we went home as rulers of Barter Town!

BlueSnake01

Established Member
No runs with the Bug Eyes? Good kills BTW and yes Deuce, SHIFTER NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
shift to third with my awesome MGW shifter and CobraBob gasket (cough, cough da5deuce cough, cough)

You're an ass but I understand the family teasing and motivation lol. Good shit on reppin the cobro nation. LS1 possibly was exhaust and lid only? :shrug:

Also two questions

1. Why didn't you race the skittle?

2. You had your friend with you and no VIDEO?!?!?!?!?!?!?! C'mon man

uploadfromtaptalk1403977104553.jpg

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
You're an ass but I understand the family teasing and motivation lol. Good shit on reppin the cobro nation. LS1 possibly was exhaust and lid only? :shrug:

Also two questions

1. Why didn't you race the skittle?

2. You had your friend with you and no VIDEO?!?!?!?!?!?!?! C'mon man

no point in racing skittles, they're barely faster than the LS1 was.

my boy wasn't on his game. ... to make things worse, i actually had my GoPro in the car and forgot all about it.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
no point in racing skittles, they're barely faster than the LS1 was.

my boy wasn't on his game. ... to make things worse, i actually had my GoPro in the car and forgot all about it.

In your story you said the neon passed one of the cars you raced. Seemed like it was possibly modded :shrug:. And the gopro was available!!!!!!!!

uploadfromtaptalk1403986819764.jpg

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
In your story you said the neon passed one of the cars you raced. Seemed like it was possibly modded :shrug:. And the gopro was available!!!!!!!!

View attachment 18812

skittle came from behind the LS1 and pulled even while i was changing zip codes. LS1 passenger said after they were door to door the skittle just barely started to edge them out.

i rolled a similarly modded skittle like two weeks ago.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
skittle came from behind the LS1 and pulled even while i was changing zip codes. LS1 passenger said after they were door to door the skittle just barely started to edge them out.

i rolled a similarly modded skittle like two weeks ago.

Are you going yo hit up that meet again for shits?

Users who are viewing this thread