Cobra to gt350

Venom351R

Established Member
I just picked one up this week. I still have my 04 Cobra so I did not do the swap. Admittedly my time with the GT350 is limited. One test drive and the 2 hr ride home as it is still staying in the garage until winter is completely over here. Luckily I had a nice day to drive it back.

Compared to the Cobra its an entirely different level. The Cobra is raw and unrefined while the GT350 is totally the opposite. My Cobra makes 700 to the wheels and wants to kill you when you drive it just out of pure anger. You cant even compare the ride quality, tech, comfort compared with the Cobra. The Shelby just surpasses it in every way. If you want raw brutal power stick with the Cobra, the Shelby is lacking in big TQ down low but when that voodoo is singing at 7000+ RPM's its something else.

Honestly when I go out to the garage this summer and have the choice between taking out the Cobra or the Shelby I'm going to find it hard to take the Cobra. I know the Shelby is the new shiny toy to play with and my time with it is limited but I've owned 7 Mustangs total and this by far is the most impressive one I've ever had. Its one amazing piece of machinery

Attachments

• IMG-3929.jpg
    IMG-3929.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG-3928.jpg
    IMG-3928.jpg
    548.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG-3930.jpg
    IMG-3930.jpg
    397.7 KB · Views: 88

LS WUT

Established Member
I just picked one up this week. I still have my 04 Cobra so I did not do the swap. Admittedly my time with the GT350 is limited. One test drive and the 2 hr ride home as it is still staying in the garage until winter is completely over here. Luckily I had a nice day to drive it back.

Compared to the Cobra its an entirely different level. The Cobra is raw and unrefined while the GT350 is totally the opposite. My Cobra makes 700 to the wheels and wants to kill you when you drive it just out of pure anger. You cant even compare the ride quality, tech, comfort compared with the Cobra. The Shelby just surpasses it in every way. If you want raw brutal power stick with the Cobra, the Shelby is lacking in big TQ down low but when that voodoo is singing at 7000+ RPM's its something else.

Honestly when I go out to the garage this summer and have the choice between taking out the Cobra or the Shelby I'm going to find it hard to take the Cobra. I know the Shelby is the new shiny toy to play with and my time with it is limited but I've owned 7 Mustangs total and this by far is the most impressive one I've ever had. Its one amazing piece of machinery
Congratulations on your new car purchase. I’m excited to hear how your experience is as I’ve created a thread in regards to this. Bad ass looking GT350 sir.

Venom351R

Established Member
Congratulations on your new car purchase. I’m excited to hear how your experience is as I’ve created a thread in regards to this. Bad ass looking GT350 sir.
Where is the thread on it? When I've had more time with it I'll deff give more thoughts on it. It all happened really quick. I almost got one instead of my cobra 3 years ago so its always been in the back of my mind

LS WUT

Established Member
Where is the thread on it? When I've had more time with it I'll deff give more thoughts on it. It all happened really quick. I almost got one instead of my cobra 3 years ago so its always been in the back of my mind
It’s under roadside pub. “Thoughts on a GT350”

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

I'm in the same boat. My cobra probably makes around 700 rwhp and I also find myself driving the 350 more than the cobra.

It's nice having options though.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Venom351R

Established Member
I'm in the same boat. My cobra probably makes around 700 rwhp and I also find myself driving the 350 more than the cobra.

It's nice having options though.

I know I'll still have days where I want to drive something with stupid power and just grab the Cobra but the GT350 will see the majority of the car shows around here. People don't even realize what the Terminators are but anything newer gets all the attention.

I absolutely love the body lines and styling on the S550 GT350 its so aggressive. I always thought the 03/04 Cobra's did that the best but I really like how the GT350 looks. I'm not even an S550 fan to being with and I'd never own a coyote but the Shelby's are in a whole different league.

PC03GT

Established Member

Congratulations....Youtube must be doing good

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I know I'll still have days where I want to drive something with stupid power and just grab the Cobra but the GT350 will see the majority of the car shows around here. People don't even realize what the Terminators are but anything newer gets all the attention.

I absolutely love the body lines and styling on the S550 GT350 its so aggressive. I always thought the 03/04 Cobra's did that the best but I really like how the GT350 looks. I'm not even an S550 fan to being with and I'd never own a coyote but the Shelby's are in a whole different league.
Lol it's funny because my thoughts are exactly the same regarding the newer mustangs. Something with the 350 looks just speak to me.

Venom351R

Established Member
Didn’t realize that was you on YouTube lol. I’ve seen a few of your videos now. Cool beans buddy.

Thanks. I don't do a lot of self promotion on forums or FB pages. I do it just for fun and with some cars that people hopefully find interest in.
Lol it's funny because my thoughts are exactly the same regarding the newer mustangs. Something with the 350 looks just speak to me.

I like how the S550 looks in general but I hate the sound of the Gen 1,2.3 coyote but the Shelby of course is the exception.

muscleatsrice

Established Member
Thanks. I don't do a lot of self promotion on forums or FB pages. I do it just for fun and with some cars that people hopefully find interest in.

I like how the S550 looks in general but I hate the sound of the Gen 1,2.3 coyote but the Shelby of course is the exception.

I like how they sound with the right exhaust setup. Everyone where I am straight pipes them and sound like complete crap.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Super informative thread. I have an 04 cobra that I almost can't justify driving anymore, since moving to SC. The roads in this state are probably worse than most third world countries. Every drive is white knuckle in the cobra, and not because I'm hitting the gas....

I've loved the 350's, and I think selling the cobra for one makes sense at this point. I need something that can take horrendous road conditions a little better....

muscleatsrice

Established Member
Super informative thread. I have an 04 cobra that I almost can't justify driving anymore, since moving to SC. The roads in this state are probably worse than most third world countries. Every drive is white knuckle in the cobra, and not because I'm hitting the gas....

I've loved the 350's, and I think selling the cobra for one makes sense at this point. I need something that can take horrendous road conditions a little better....

Northern CA roads will give you a run for your money over there.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread