Cobra vs cutlass t top

03 deadpool

Established Member
I saw this car at a car cruise at the sonic a few weeks back , primered up old g body and heard the owner talking about camel hump heads , 3/4 cam , hooker headers , double pumper carb etc . So last night me and my girl were heading back from the redbox and we encountered the old g body leaving a gas station and we got the total dracula stare as we passed, we were headed to the expressway and at the next light he jumped in the left lane and when it turned green he took off his car made alot of noise and didnt go anywhere i got in the game and let the vmp tvs do its thing by about third gear it was pretty bad i let out he kept his distance behind me and we headed home.

Joewee500

Established Member
When you hear someone say 3/4 cam and camel hump heads they are either hustling or their car really has that stuff and is slow. Nice kill.

03 deadpool

Established Member
When you hear someone say 3/4 cam and camel hump heads they are either hustling or their car really has that stuff and is slow. Nice kill.

I used to beat cars that had that crap on it 20 years ago with my bolt on fox body.I think my cobra has 400 horsepower more than my fox had.

MG0h3

Established Member
Double hump (Camel hump) and 3/4 cam?
Holy crap haven't heard those terms in 20 years.

HAHA!!!

Exactly!!

The chevy guys would spew that stuff back in high school about our classmate's Nova.

My buddies 85 GT beat him every time. Intake silencer removed and 14* timing....remember those "mods"!!

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
HAHA!!!

Exactly!!

The chevy guys would spew that stuff back in high school about our classmate's Nova.

My buddies 85 GT beat him every time. Intake silencer removed and 14* timing....remember those "mods"!!

Was probably an 86 GT, 85's were the last year of the carbs. And my 85 in highschool surprised a lot of a cars, especially on the interstate with 2.73 gears.

03 deadpool

Established Member
My dads car club had a drag day 20 years ago and my 88 5.0 notch back with a gt40 top end a b cam and 410 gears ran consistent 12.80s all day and was faster than all the big block chevys and mopars that were there. My driving was probobly more aggressive than most of those guys and i still got no respect and had to hear about how fast cars in the 60s were.

MG0h3

Established Member
Was probably an 86 GT, 85's were the last year of the carbs. And my 85 in highschool surprised a lot of a cars, especially on the interstate with 2.73 gears.

Nah it was an 85 Ttop car. I may be thinking of one of my cars.

i remember his brother in law bought a 93 Gt. We beat him on the freeway with four passengers to his two passengers.

EB85

Established Member
In a car like that with those "mods" I hope he was wearing a Night Ranger t-shirt and listening to Sister Christian.

MARK C

Established Member
Those were the days! I remember my 1987 LX 5.0 5speed. Bought it brand new. Best beat down of old hot rod was a 1970 ram air 3 firebird. Friend of a friend would not stop running his mouth about how fast it was and I didn't have a chance in a race. We finally raced, and I walked him so hard, he nothing to say.
OP, nice to shut people up! NK

Users who are viewing this thread