Cobra VS Z06

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
My two brothers both have a Z06 and they both live at home with me and my parents. The oldest one is thinking about moving out but knows he can't afford a house payment and the Z. He wants to trade me car's and payments. He pays 860 on the 04 (Z16 Commerative Edition) he owes 3 more years and 10 months on it still. i pay 460 on the cobra for the next 5 1/2 yrs. All we would do is switch cars and payments and be done with it. So i am just wondering how many of you guys would do this. The Z has headers, exhaust, intake, tune, and a short shifter. Thanks for your opinion.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I would keep the cobra for the money..but that is just me. :shrug:

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
Here are some crappy pics i just took of the Z and Cobra

This is a poster of my car i got for winning best of show at some car show it looks great

vipergts281

Established Member
I would take the Z over the Cobra since it is the better car and I love them.

But not for $860 a month. I'd keep your Cobra.

fr03cobra

Established Member
yeah ,you could be paying for 2 cobra's with that payment of 860.lol

Don't do it. Then you will be stuck at home.

spinscan

Established Member
$800 a month for a car payment and you're living at home? Your parents should have beat some sense into you. Screw the Z06 get a friggin Ford GT.

GotGrunt

Established Member
Keep the Cobra, it's more of a younger guys car w/ lots of potential. 'Vette (in general) to me = older person, no offense... I don't know how old you are but I'm 22 and don't want a 'vette @ this point in life. I'd rather have a "lowly" Mustang, lol. Plus, its waaaay cheaper to keep what you have now...

Last edited:

SVT4ME

Established Member
I hate two seaters. Not to compare the two but I had a Fiero back in the early 90's and it got old real quick. Had nights out with the buddies and met chicks and could fit them all.

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
GotGrunt said:
Keep the Cobra, it's more of a younger guys car w/ lots of potential. 'Vette (in general) to me = older person, no offense... I don't know how old you are but I'm 22 and don't want a 'vette @ this point in life. I'd rather have a "lowly" Mustang, lol. Plus, its waaaay cheaper to keep what you have now...

Yeah i think about it a lot. I am only 19 so still very young. The other thing is (this sounds gay but owell) i get very dirty looks when i drive it. people look at me like you wouldn't believe. And thats something that i can't stand.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I get the same thing when I drive my Mom's, and I'm 27. :shrug: What is the age that people quit looking strangly at you when you drive a vette?

Fast04SVT

How old r u and how old is your brother?? If u wanna help your brother out give him the cobra...860 is a lot of Mods to your cobra you could do tho. Its yoru choice, but the zo6 is hot, but the value is gonna go down some on those b/c of the new zo6's with the 427 in them. ls7 7.0

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
2003CobraKB said:
How old r u and how old is your brother?? If u wanna help your brother out give him the cobra...860 is a lot of Mods to your cobra you could do tho. Its yoru choice, but the zo6 is hot, but the value is gonna go down some on those b/c of the new zo6's with the 427 in them. ls7 7.0

I am 19 and my brother is 23. That is a very good point with the value going down. even now you are seeing some Z go for around low 30's

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
04cobratorchred said:
even now you are seeing some Z go for around low 30's

I think that answers your question right there. If you want a Z, sell your cobra and find a used one for low 30's. Your payment won't be much higher than you have now, but you'll have a Z. Your brother is obviously very upside down on his loan, as you could get a payment at or around $450/month on a used $30k Z. He must have bought it new @ sticker huh?

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
I think at 23, he needs to sell the Z and move the fawk out...I mean, it's cool and all to have nice things, but damn....living at home--drive cool car....living away from home---have decent car...i'd take the latter

anyways, as for your situation--keep the cobra...what are you gonna do with a $400 increase in your monthly payments?

Blue03Snake

Established Member
thats a tough call, that Z is badddddd....however 800 and some change is way to much money to spend on a car, well atleast a Z..however i like the mods...

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
StngStr said:
I think that answers your question right there. If you want a Z, sell your cobra and find a used one for low 30's. Your payment won't be much higher than you have now, but you'll have a Z. Your brother is obviously very upside down on his loan, as you could get a payment at or around $450/month on a used $30k Z. He must have bought it new @ sticker huh?

When he bought it he got one hell of a deal on it. The gave him X plan and 0%. The reason its so high is b/c its the Z16 Commerative Edition. with the carbon fiber hood and all that good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread