Cobro > G8 GT

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
sitting at a light on saturday evening i see a red G8 pull out of a side street and start down the road in the direction i was headed. G8 GT driver must have noticed the "Mustang" at the light and clearly took his time and waited for me.

not wanting to disappoint my fellow motorist, i made short work of closing the distance when i received a green light.

just as i start to pull along side, i hear him drop a gear (auto down shift). i return a rev and he's off.... except i wasn't racing. the section of road was a long right hand bend with low visibility, not a place i take chances. just down the way is a clear, straight section of road that's more ideal for what we're about to do.

we reach the end of the curved section and start slowing down. it seemed like 50 in third was going to be the race... i count down by hand then motion for him to go (one of these days, giving up the hit is gona bit me in the ass). as soon as i hear him get on it i smash the pedal to the floor.

given our location and the fact that i had put two cars on him already, i let out at the top of third.

we slow back down and he yells over "you got a supercharger?!" obviously surprised... Cobro strikes again!
i give him a "yes" then ask what's done to his car, he says exhaust only.

we exchange some thumbs up and i tell him he has a nice car and we're done. he hits the next turn and heads back the other way.

nothing exciting, just another Cobra out putting in work.

va boy

Established Member
Nice kill. There is a guy here in a red G8 that either red lines his car, or takes off like a bat out of hell every time he sees me in my car. The opportunity has never presented itself for us to test em out against each other, maybe one day.....you've proven it can be done!

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
The COBRO committee approves this kill. Good shit man. I never do that "give them the hit" shit lol. I don't want any loose ends.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Nice win. The Cobra is simply an appearance upgrade. Simply badges and 'Cobra' bumper. My 99 Cobra must be a Fobra because the bumper says Mustang.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
Nice kill. There is a guy here in a red G8 that either red lines his car, or takes off like a bat out of hell every time he sees me in my car. The opportunity has never presented itself for us to test em out against each other, maybe one day.....you've proven it can be done!

Red G8, black wheels and "exhaust"

i was over on 29 in Lovingston... where you at?

b_dike

Established Member
Nice kill... obviously the g8 pilot had no idea what he was dealing with, "is it supercharged?", ahaha... you should have told him no that's the vtec kicking in lol

Screamin SVT

Established Member
Nice win. The Cobra is simply an appearance upgrade. Simply badges and 'Cobra' bumper. My 99 Cobra must be a Fobra because the bumper says Mustang.

^ This! At the local Cars & Coffee a couple months ago I had a couple people swearing it was a fake Cobra.......

Nice kill OP, I raced a G8 after I left the aforementioned C&C event, wasn't even close for him, driver mod ftw I think seeing as I am pretty much stock.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
^ This! At the local Cars & Coffee a couple months ago I had a couple people swearing it was a fake Cobra.......

Nice kill OP, I raced a G8 after I left the aforementioned C&C event, wasn't even close for him, driver mod ftw I think seeing as I am pretty much stock.

good kill sir. was it the GT or GXP?

G8 - 250hp
G8 GT - 350hp
G8 GXP - 415hp

SOVACobra03

I have an addiction......
Established Member
the only person i have even try me in my CO has been a CO mach1. other than that ive tried so hard to get anything GM to jump and NONE will. congrats on the kill though

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
OPs a bully lol.............Good Kill!!

No driver mod needed for you to beat a G8 GT, you could have missed a gear or started in 5th and still won by car lengths. They're only like ~103 trap cars stock.

Rotzs99

Established Member
OPs a bully lol.............Good Kill!!

No driver mod needed for you to beat a G8 GT, you could have missed a gear or started in 5th and still won by car lengths. They're only like ~103 trap cars stock.

Stop picking on us! He's probably about 325-350rwhp depending on if he has headers and 4000lbs.

scotty333

Established Member
A little off topic but are you using an after market or stock k-member with those arh 1 7/8 headers? I want those but not sure if I can get by with the stock one I have.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
A little off topic but are you using an after market or stock k-member with those arh 1 7/8 headers? I want those but not sure if I can get by with the stock one I have.

stock K.

the fit was amazing!!!

I did have minor and I do mean minor contact with the steering shaft.
do yourself a favor and get the MM solid shaft anyway. noticeable improvement
in the steering and easily cleared the ARH

Dadarkside

Quicksilver
Established Member
Good kill.

sitting at a light on saturday evening i see a red G8 pull out of a side street and start down the road in the direction i was headed. G8 GT driver must have noticed the "Mustang" at the light and clearly took his time and waited for me.

not wanting to disappoint my fellow motorist, i made short work of closing the distance when i received a green light.

just as i start to pull along side, i hear him drop a gear (auto down shift). i return a rev and he's off.... except i wasn't racing. the section of road was a long right hand bend with low visibility, not a place i take chances. just down the way is a clear, straight section of road that's more ideal for what we're about to do.

we reach the end of the curved section and start slowing down. it seemed like 50 in third was going to be the race... i count down by hand then motion for him to go (one of these days, giving up the hit is gona bit me in the ass). as soon as i hear him get on it i smash the pedal to the floor.

given our location and the fact that i had put two cars on him already, i let out at the top of third.

we slow back down and he yells over "you got a supercharger?!" obviously surprised... Cobro strikes again!
i give him a "yes" then ask what's done to his car, he says exhaust only.

we exchange some thumbs up and i tell him he has a nice car and we're done. he hits the next turn and heads back the other way.

nothing exciting, just another Cobra out putting in work.

Users who are viewing this thread