Coilover Advise

amnpalm

Established Member
Looking to put on a set of coilovers on the front of my '97 Cobra. I do use the car for autocrossing and do open track events. My question is what brand and what spring rating should i go with? Something not too expensive but not cheap either. Thanks, Matt

Rev Happy

Established Member
MM's coil-over kit is the best one out there IMHO... They use the best springs (Hypercoils) and the kit looks to be the best quality out of all the kits that I have personally seen... For your car, I'd recommend a 10 inch 350lb with the 03 Cobra Bilstein struts... I'm currently running the Griggs kit with 10 inch 350lb Griggs racing springs but with the regular Bilstein sports... These struts seem to be a little weak/soft for this spring rate... If I were to run a 325lb, they would probably be ok... I'm also running MM plates in the front and H&R Supersports out back...

Last edited:

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
I am running the MM front coilover kit with MM revelaved Bilsteins and MM c/c plates up front. I have the 425# 10" spring which is a bit harsh on the road, but gets the job done on the Solo 1 and 2 course we run out here. Stock Bilsteins will take up to 375# springs max. Any higher spring rate and you need to upgrade to revalved units or you'll blow the struts fairly quick.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
coil-overs are on my list of mods to do, but with no job and full-time school, I'm not sure WHEN I'll be able to do it. I'm planning on going with MM, everyone seems to recommend them and I've been happy with their products so far.

Think my Tokico's are blown out anyways with my H&R's, guess I'll have to wait for the Bilsteins and coil-overs :-D

Users who are viewing this thread