SonicSnake 03

Established Member
Im looking to get the upr k member coilover kit, but dont know what spring rate and length to get. Ive searched around alot but cant come up with a straight answer. Car is around 3700lbs, going to be using the stock bilstiens and normal lowering springs on the rear(irs). Mostly street and strip once in awhile. Also getting MM cc plates, that fine or do the coilovers require specific cc plates. Thanks in advance.

reldla1996

Established Member
MM has some good information on coil spring rates on their site. 175# and 12" will approximate the factory spring rate. If you want better handling, go with a higher spring rate, though at some point, you'll need different struts to match.

Mystic03

Established Member
i have full upr tubed k,a arms and coil overs i have the 12-250's they are pretty nice no complaints here i street/track my car

SlowSVT

Established Member
I'm not a big fan of using these lightweight drag race K-members on the street. You've got that scrawny tube holding both sides of the A-arms. In a hard high G turn, hard braking or hitting a curve that won't inspire confidence :(

122915d1298424188-upr-suspension-complete-rear-k-member.jpg

This is more like it! :coolman:

CIMG42261.jpg

BO TY KLR

Established Member
I have the upr k with 14-175 springs. I like the lowered look so I run the coilover adjusters at bottom of the sleeve so spring likes to rub the top of sleeve. Wish I would have used a 12" springs but other than that , no complaints.

reldla1996

Established Member
I think 150 is a little soft, but it will ride nicer. You will bottom out from time to time if you're not careful. If I did mine over over, I'd go a little stiffer, probably 200.

SonicSnake 03

Established Member
Sounds like a more comfortable ride. Im after a mostly street with occasional drag race type of ride. The upr guy said it was for better weight transfer. Also, what of the sway bar? Keep it on while on the street, remove at the track. That right?

Users who are viewing this thread