College Football Coach Salary

PC PaiN

Established Member
I just recently was told what some college football coaches make a year and I'm amazed. I had no idea that Mack Brown makes almost 6 million a year plus bonuses.

Anyone know if it's normal for coaches to make that much money in college? I knew that weren't making peanuts but I wasn't expecting some of the numbers I heard.

I also heard that a move to the NFL isn't much more in terms of pay. Is that true or false?

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Some colleges pay a lot of $ to coaches so they dont leave. I dont think Paterno makes a lot though and he doesnt care either.

canibus

Established Member
College football is in my opinion, as big if not bigger than the nfl. College schools make a shit ton of money, and they save a lot of it by not paying players. It's only natural they would pay their coaches good money.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
College Football LITERALLY supports NUMEROUS schools academic departments. And football only makes money if you're winning. Coaches get what they're worth.

Edit - $120 million earned by Texas. I read somewhere (ESPN probably) that $80 mill of that is straight profit turned over to the University to do with as it pleases.

Anyone ever hear Jim Calhoun's rant when he was blindsided by a reporter asking if he deserved his salary? Classic. :lol:

Last edited:

PureStang

Established Member
Joe Pa only make about 500k from the university (no idea what he makes with endorsments) and i remember in a review he told the interviewer that he makes enough, he doesnt need to make big money.

for a while, when walking around campus i would see him driving his little 2000's model 3 series BMW.

But the thing is he dumps a hefty amount back into the university. We have 2 HUGE libraries right next to each other, the one was funded by Paterno, Hence the Paterno Library

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread