Colour Change

Change the colour?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bullitt1448

Established Member
hi

I have a 2001 Bullitt with terminator power that is in for an overhaul at this point, I have had this since new and it is well beyond time for a repaint and with the engine out now is the time if I am going to do a colour change. Factory colour is Black, I have been toying with the idea of changing the colour to CO. Any thoughts? Any reason not to? Since I have been mulling this idea over in my head, I have seen a lot of Orange vehicles out there everything from Mustangs to Hyundais's and I don't really want to repaint if half the cars on the road are going to be that colour. I know, black is pretty common too but has always been a fave. The car was in a minor accident 15 years ago so it isn't going to lose much value by repainting. It would be a proper colour change, door jams, engine and trunk compartments the whole works as necessary.

LSwat

Established Member
Hear me out......if it's black currently you probably don't need to repaint the jams and such....right?

Get a paint job that will be cheaper by NOT having the jams and everything redone. This will offset the price (not entirely) of getting it wrapped competition orange.

Then at some point (time / wear on the wrap/ boredom) unwrap it and you will have a fresh black paint job.... especially if you're worried about any type of resale.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
^^^ I actually think that's a good idea. Orange and black looks good together. So, when you open the door and see black jams it won't look bad.

I'm not opposed to a color change. I would suggest 2 colors. Ford's 93 Teal or Ford's Laser Red. Both would look great on a Bullitt IMO.

Good luck with your project. Sounds like a great undertaking.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Hear me out......if it's black currently you probably don't need to repaint the jams and such....right?

Get a paint job that will be cheaper by NOT having the jams and everything redone. This will offset the price (not entirely) of getting it wrapped competition orange.

Then at some point (time / wear on the wrap/ boredom) unwrap it and you will have a fresh black paint job.... especially if you're worried about any type of resale.

there's no guarantee the paint will be in good shape when the wrap comes off, hell it just might pull the paint up with it. It's been discussed here and there

Recon

Established Member
Mineral Grey or Royal Crimson, since DHG isn’t in the cards apparently.

Pick your poison.

Bullitt1448

Established Member

I have considered the wrap in CO, it will be considerably cheaper to just repaint black. I am concerned about the wrap damaging the paint. I have no personal experience with wraps but have read the threads on the pros and cons

Bullitt1448

Established Member
^^^ I actually think that's a good idea. Orange and black looks good together. So, when you open the door and see black jams it won't look bad.

I'm not opposed to a color change. I would suggest 2 colors. Ford's 93 Teal or Ford's Laser Red. Both would look great on a Bullitt IMO.

Good luck with your project. Sounds like a great undertaking.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I like the Idea of ‘93 Teal, thanks for the suggestion. it’s a great colour and not very common. I can’t believe painting a car can be this difficult to decide.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I voted for going back to black, but if you're set on doing something different, picture this: oxford white with 18" anthracite bullitts w/dd rears, red calipers, lowered, tinted, Mach 1 grille delete and chin spoiler. Perfecto.

Users who are viewing this thread