Comcast Complaint

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
So I've got Comcast and use the Xfinity website to filter content. You select free and the damn results are not all free. I realize they want you to pay every penny possible but it's very aggravating. Anyone else have this issue? I guess I'll go ahead and write some hate mail for them to weed thru.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
No idea what you're talking about. Whats not free? What are you trying to do?

FIVEHOE

Established Member
all you can do is pray that one day google fiber will make its way to your home town.

08mojo

Established Member
It's the industry. The rules of the content providers are out dated. The rules of content and how it's accessed needs a complete overhaul. Luckily Hulu, netflix, etc and torrents have caused enough interruption to start those exact ideas/conversations. ..but it'll be awhile.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My daughter has Comcast. Absolutely horrible! I don't have anything positive to say about them. Just thankful that I have Cox.

Spudz

Established Member
Honestly I would take Comcast over what I currently have, so long as the internet wasn't metered. All the internet in Alaska is metered, and owned by a company called GCI. I get 60 Gbs a month for cable internet and that's about the only option you have. They charge huge overage fees when you go over your cap too. It blows.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
The only issue I'm having currently is the filtering of content. They throw pay channels in with the free. Other than that its fine.

Last edited:

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
Comcast blows here, but its pretty much a monopoly. I can get uverse, but the highest speed they offer in this area is 6mbps.

Sirraf

Established Member
I only have comcast internet and it is excellent for my needs (gaming, video streaming, etc). No feedback for cable however, DirecTV here.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I have comcast and they can be a pain but my recent internet speeds on 5ghz are over 150mbps. my 2.4ghz are in the high 30's to low 40's and my cable has never gone out. They gave me a great deal too when i moved and offered up security(its a joke but whatever), internet, cable and phone for under $150 a month as a fixed contract for 2 years. After my 2 year period expires they stated it will go up to $230/mo but at that time ill switch to Verizon if they dont give me the exact same deal again.

Call the retention department and explain you are unhappy and want to know what they will do to keep you as a customer. Normally they will bend over backwards to give you as many options as possible. If you still dont like it then bolt to Verizon or Cox.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Do you like cox?

How long have you been paying for Cox?

Don't answer those. They're trick questions. ;-)

Didn't have much trouble with Comcast until recently. They required that I buy a new cable modem, so I got one from Amazon and installed it myself. All was fine for a couple weeks.

Then one day I get a box from Comcast with a cable modem inside. I never ordered it, but they sent it to me anyway.
I sent it back and called them letting them know they just sent me something I didn't order and I returned it. They said they'd take care of it. The next bill I got had a charge for "cable modem rental". Needless to say it took months to get this resolved and wasted many hours of my time.

Comcast has problems.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I don't actually have any complaints about Comcast on my end. However I think there's also a pretty large caveat there. From my experience talking with peers and coworkers from across the country is that Comcast is decent if you're in a competitive market.

Here in Northern Colorado, I can get internet from about five different companies. I can get television from about four. As a result, I have quality, stable, fast internet, a decent television selection and I've actually never had anywhere near what I would consider a horrible experience dealing with the company.

With Century Link building fiber in the Denver area, we just got a free speed upgrade on our internet as well. I do wish the speed upgrade was on both the downstream and upstream, but it's more than what I was paying for so I won't complain.

4053999970.png

It kind of proves the point made earlier about monopolies. Comcast has to be competitive in my area, so the service is actually fairly decent. I've heard horror stories from coworkers in OH that it's absolutely terrible there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread