Coming this Summer- "Ten years of Terminators" meet and photoshoot!!

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
so worcester has decided to pull a fast one, recieved a letter in the mail stating since they decided to have staff at the park they raised the price another $100. Total cost is now increased to $300.

Thank you Worcester!!!!:poke:

I can see their point about having a staff member there. Unfortunately, some "car" guys go bananas at some of these events and ruin it for everyone else.
It stinks that they weren't up front with us from the get go.
Sounds like there will be alot of us in attendance so It will probably only rais the cost to each of us by 1-2 bucks.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
so worcester has decided to pull a fast one, recieved a letter in the mail stating since they decided to have staff at the park they raised the price another $100. Total cost is now increased to $300.

Thank you Worcester!!!!:poke:

wtf....

black 10th vert

Established Member
If I may make a suggestion... you should put updated information in the OP so that it is easier to find. I have gone through a couple of pages at the beginning and end but am still a bit confused on the details such as exact date, timeframe, location, and cost per car, etc. If I am able, I would like to try to attend.

thanks, Brian
p.s., please feel free to pm me the info on it.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
If I may make a suggestion... you should put updated information in the OP so that it is easier to find. I have gone through a couple of pages at the beginning and end but am still a bit confused on the details such as exact date, timeframe, location, and cost per car, etc. If I am able, I would like to try to attend.

thanks, Brian
p.s., please feel free to pm me the info on it.

Cliffnote's

Originally Posted by FromGTtoSVT
Alright guys, so here's the update:

Event is on 5/19 From 10:00 a.m until 4pm

However, there were a few caveats the board was quick to point out and make sure we follow.

1. Staff will be on site

2. We have to BE QUIET - One of the biggest concerns the board has was noise from our exhaust. I was explicitely warned, no exessive noise, burn outs, aggressive driving etc while on the park property. Neighbors to the park would quickly call the police and we would not be invited back next year.

3. Bathrooms - There is a zoo on sight that will be open, there are bathrooms there that will be available. So this is a non issue.

4. NO COOLERS ALLOWED( in the open ) - too much of a liability so they have banned them all together ( thank you summer nationals ). If we get spotted with them by park staff we will be asked to leave. Leaving it in your car is fine, just NO ALCOHOL

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
So I should stop thinking "I bet I can do a street wheelie on that straight away"??

black 10th vert

Established Member
Cliffnote's

Originally Posted by FromGTtoSVT
Alright guys, so here's the update:

Event is on 5/19 From 10:00 a.m until 4pm

However, there were a few caveats the board was quick to point out and make sure we follow.

1. Staff will be on site

2. We have to BE QUIET - One of the biggest concerns the board has was noise from our exhaust. I was explicitely warned, no exessive noise, burn outs, aggressive driving etc while on the park property. Neighbors to the park would quickly call the police and we would not be invited back next year.

3. Bathrooms - There is a zoo on sight that will be open, there are bathrooms there that will be available. So this is a non issue.

4. NO COOLERS ALLOWED( in the open ) - too much of a liability so they have banned them all together ( thank you summer nationals ). If we get spotted with them by park staff we will be asked to leave. Leaving it in your car is fine, just NO ALCOHOL

OK, thanks for the cliff notes, but you missed one important detail for those that don't live in Worcester. "Where" is the meet? Is it a park? If so, what is the name, address, etc.? With regard to food, drinks, etc., are we going to bring our own, or will there be a caravan to some eatery? Might be a great opportunity for someone running a food truck type of business to roll by around noon.

Also, another idea might be to a do a cruise to someplace after a period of time as it is always cool having a parade of cool cars going to someplace like Mt. Wachussett, or similar, and makes for great photo ops while "on the move". It will also keep things moving since kids get bored pretty quick spending 4 hrs. looking at a relatively small group of cars grows old quickly to them, and the parents having to deal with the "when can we leave?" type questions. Just a thought...;-)

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
OK, thanks for the cliff notes, but you missed one important detail for those that don't live in Worcester. "Where" is the meet? Is it a park? If so, what is the name, address, etc.? With regard to food, drinks, etc., are we going to bring our own, or will there be a caravan to some eatery? Might be a great opportunity for someone running a food truck type of business to roll by around noon.

Also, another idea might be to a do a cruise to someplace after a period of time as it is always cool having a parade of cool cars going to someplace like Mt. Wachussett, or similar, and makes for great photo ops while "on the move". It will also keep things moving since kids get bored pretty quick spending 4 hrs. looking at a relatively small group of cars grows old quickly to them, and the parents having to deal with the "when can we leave?" type questions. Just a thought...;-)

The location is Green Hill Park in Worcester. Event starts at 10am, we have access to the park until 4pm. Cost to participate is around $10, varying on how many cars we have committed the week of the event. There was a $300 fee for use of the park.

The park itself is HUGE and there is a zoo onsite for those with kids. Web Address is here:
Green Hill Park | City of Worcester, MA

Meeting spots prior to the event have not been determined yet. We have cars coming from all over New England for this....so I will most likely leave that up to individuals or groups who want to get organized themselves.

Any food brought it will need to be brought by you, we are not allowed to have any type of vendor there. There is a plan afterwards to cruise over to a local place to get something to eat. Location is still TBD, becuase I am an anal bastard and will not park my car in any regular parking lot.

The cruise after is a very good suggestion, depending upon weather and number of cars. However, the point of this event is to do a photoshoot at location, so the cruise after would be just that.....a cruise.

If this event is successful, we might want to consider adding the cruise next year?

So in summary, this is a real grass roots effort here......we don't have a ton of organization. Just a bunch of SVT guys hanging out and Mooch taking some killer pictures.

If you have any questions or suggestions, I am open to it!:beer:

Last edited:

MTBSully

Established Member
The location is Green Hill Park in Worcester. Event starts at 10am, we have access to the park until 4pm. Cost to participate is around $10, varying on how many cars we have committed the week of the event. There was a $300 fee for use of the park.

The park itself is HUGE and there is a zoo onsite for those with kids. Web Address is here:
Green Hill Park | City of Worcester, MA

Meeting spots prior to the event have not been determined yet. We have cars coming from all over New England for this....so I will most likely leave that up to individuals or groups who want to get organized themselves.

Any food brought it will need to be brought by you, we are not allowed to have any type of vendor there. There is a plan afterwards to cruise over to a local place to get something to eat. Location is still TBD, becuase I am an anal bastard and will not park my car in any regular parking lot.

The cruise after is a very good suggestion, depending upon weather and number of cars. However, the point of this event is to do a photoshoot at location, so the cruise after would be just that.....a cruise.

If this event is successful, we might want to consider adding the cruise next year?

So in summary, this is a real grass roots effort here......we don't have a ton of organization. Just a bunch of SVT guys hanging out and Mooch taking some killer pictures.

If you have any questions or suggestions, I am open to it!:beer:

I think a cruise to wachussett is a great idea. Huge parking lot there that will most likely be next to empty this time of year and could make for some cool shots with the mt in the background. Plus the roads around there are awesome.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
My Godson's 1st bday party is at 1:30. Unfortunately I'll be leaving the park at that time.

coposrv

Established Member
I may have missed it but is the event open to spectators? Worcester is fairly close to me and Sundays are my only free day. I would like to show up and meet some of you guys and check out your cars.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I may have missed it but is the event open to spectators? Worcester is fairly close to me and Sundays are my only free day. I would like to show up and meet some of you guys and check out your cars.

Absolutely Yes!!!

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
I am planning to have a small sign ( piece of paper lol ) that has my svtp screen name and real name on it. If I am by my car, please stop by and say hi!!!

Users who are viewing this thread