WANTED: Comp Orange Cobra

4JDM

Established Member
I will offer anyone with an all original comp orange cobra coupe or lightly modded or non caged, non SRA up to $46K cash.

68gtscode

Established Member
Well I am surprised to see these comments. I was respectful and honest to Michael the entire time. I have the money to buy it at 40K. The only reason I didn't was because of the damaged (cracked) front bumper , trashed chin spoiler and cut up interior due to the caged being installed. Yet I still considered paying premium for the car as Mr. woods was a super honest and upstanding gentleman. 68gtscode knows this as that is exactly what I told him before. I apologize if this is found disrespectful but the fact is cobras have gone up but if you want a premium price then you should consider what you have. In this case I was considering paying what he was asking because he has something I wanted. I just wanted to ease the cost a bit given the bumper and cut up interior. Maybe we should consider all sides before passing judgement.
I feel badly for sticking my nose into your business- please accept my apology. You definitely mentioned that Woods is a great member to deal with, and the potential deal is between you two. That said, my comment was based on my own perspective- if I were in the market for a nice Terminator and willing to pay $39K, another thousand dollars would essentially be immaterial IMO. If I were a high school kid with a $5K budget, I guess the $1K might be a show stopper… but even then I’d try to scrape together the extra cash for the right car by working extra hours or selling some crap around the house. :)

If you fundamentally don’t like the car for some reason (don’t want vert, etc.) then that’s a different story. The roll bar is definitely something to consider. I once paid a lot for a custom cage only to remove it later when selling the car, and my last couple cars have had them. I would offer that they are easy to take out (assuming a bolt-in six point), and buying new carpet and interior panels is relatively cheap and easy. I am not certain but assume all new edge cars shared the same carpet, etc. so finding nice OEM stuff might not be that hard. A nice OEM rear seat could be harder, if that’s missing. I bought all nice OEM stuff from MPS when I sold the car I previously mentioned. Probably 3-4 hours in the garage and $500 solved the problem.

Anyhow, sorry again for stepping into your business. I’ll continue to keep an eye out although there are few available these days, as I’m sure you know. Continued good luck!

4JDM

Established Member
Thanks man. I appreciate it. I agree with you 100%. The cracked front bumper was my hang up. The roll bar was initially the issue but the conversations with Mr. Woods ease that. Either way. Apology accepted. Cheers bud

macombmicobra

Established Member
Did u buy the 1 listed in detroit?
Seen it listed on FB the other day
There's also a sonic blue vert for sale locally too. Now just a mystic needs to pop up local for the tri-fecta

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
If you get one, don't let it go! I miss mine daily

26804300137_large.jpg

26804300135_large.jpg

So iconic.

Users who are viewing this thread