Comparing GT500 Reveal vs C8 Corvette

Dusten

Established Member
Which car was revealed better?

Which car shows the company's commitment / passion better?

Which car has more hype / demand going into production?

Which car will be faster around the track?

Which car will be easier to get at MSRP?

How times have changed. Remember when FORD ****ED Chevy over during their ZL1 launch? Dropped 662bhp on the world and BOOM...everyone was talking about the new Shelby.

Now 760 is DAMN good...but Dodge still owns the HP market and nothing has topped them yet. That will change soon.

But just look how Chevy launched this thing. Freaking Airplane Hanger. Invited Vette clubs from all over the country. Had a freaking fighter plane accelerate with the car towards the stage.

How did Ford drop the GT500 on us? With silly modern family playing a video game and it lowers down on strings. HAHAHAHHA

But the C8 has just dominated the car world. It's basically DESTROYED the GT500 hype. Which is a good thing for guys looking to get one now. ADM's will come down. Go to any forum and guys are cancelling orders on other makes to go C8.

A year from now, a twin turbo V8 is coming with over 750bhp. The Z06 will just slay and starting price will be 85K and top out a little over 100K (just like the GT500 Track Pack).

What Ford needs to do now to get conversation back is simple: DROP SOME PERFORMANCE NUMBERS ON US!!!! WTF are we waiting for. Put our a video this week. 0-60. 1/4. Top Speed. The ring lap time. SOMETHING!

This whole WAIT AND SEE approach by FORD is just lame now. Dealers are taking your money and you have NO IDEA what the car does. Come on FORD. You can do better than this.
Which car will sell everyone with a waiting list and which will sit on lots?

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
The 60k price tag is almost more of a red flag... It's screaming we went cheap somewhere, buy it and find out.

That gave me a chuckle for some reason.

I may eat crow, but I fully believe we'll all get 3 years down the road and be sick of seeing C8 Stingrays.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

You're being optimistic. At that price, I give it 2 years before there are more C8s on the road than you can swing a cat at. I wouldn't touch a C8 base or Z51 with a 10' pole. I'm waiting for the Z06, ZR1, and to a lesser extent GS. And even as good as the GS usually is, I always feel like it's overpriced for what you're getting.

LostM

Established Member
I know of 30 c8 orders already.
Worst case, it gets the civic stigma, best case, gets a gtr stigma, nice car, everyone i know has or had one

All depends on hw long to tune it, which from what i read will be a looooong time

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
C8 release... they release every bit of tech info on the car.
GT500 release.. first they tease us for a year, then they show us most of it. But still no weight... sound familiar? They never officially released the FGT weight (just their under 3k promise)until the cars were in showrooms. Then it was much heavier. Might be the same with the GT500.
Why?

Users who are viewing this thread