Compound Cobra High RPM/WOT Issue

SmoknCobra03

Established Member
Been having an issue with my car at wot/high rpm (4k). Car will fall on its face. Running 18psi, Abacco MAF, 75lb injectors, twin gt pumps, stock fpdm. Pretty sure its a fuel issue but have been browsing forums and sounds like it could be a number of things trying to get this issue fixed asap. Also running NGK tr7ix plugs gapped .030. Cars been tuned for 3yrs never had an issue till recently... car has been sitting for the last few months due to some mods :) but now this issue has presented itself and I am stumped.

Thanks in Advance!!

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
What's the rest of the set-up? Turbos? What fuel? Power? Engine? What mods did you do since it was running fine? What's the fuel pressure or a/f doing when it happens?

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Have you datalogged it yet? Thats going to tell you alot? Could be a ton of different things. Pump issue, MAF issues, pressure dropping, etc etc.

mustangmike1

Established Member
I have had similar issues over the years, first time was the fpdm but only when warm. Second time was one line with the pprv delete burst. Both times had very similar effect and almost the same rpm as yours. After that I went return style and never had a fuel related issue again. Both were found through data logging.

SmoknCobra03

Established Member
Sorry for the delay in response... was at cruise week in Ocean City. Figured out the issue was actually my N2MB Wot box. The clutch pedal had enough play in it that it would come off the clutch switch which that plus Wot engages the N2MB box causing the car to fall on its face. So had to modify the clutch switch bracket and problem solved. Thanks for the responses though!

Users who are viewing this thread