Computer/laptop won't recognize SCT Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Hey guys, so I've tried this on 3 different devices. 2 laptops and a desktop. Laptop and computer have windows 8.1, other laptop has windows 7.

I downloaded sct device updater, car is returned to stock. Plug in the sct go the computer, it connects. But the sct program will not recognize it. I tried in installing the program, and trying again. No luck. I Uninstaller drivers, reinstalled with no luck. Tried restarting the computers, still nothing.

I'm trying to transfer AED tunes to my handheld, and I've done it plenty of times before. This time, I'm having no luck. It just won't recognize the handheld. Any suggestions?

SCalla1384

Established Member
Lol, I know it drives me nuts. Something that could be very simple is a pain in the balls. I'm trying to avoid having to call sct, but worst case I will. Was hoping someone else had a similar issue that they fixed

CPRsm

Yeah, hate how it goes from working one day just fine, to making you want to punch babies the next. I've created a plethora of new curse words working w that software. Tech support staff saves that ass though.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Lmaooo!

Not for nothing though, you pay what $380 for this little device that you use for 20 minutes, the collects dust for a year. There's no reason why they shouldn't have the bugs worked out on it by now.

I'll keep messing with it, but I feel like the end result will be buying a new screen for my laptop...

JTS_7

Established Member
Happened to me and another member, exact same way.

Call SCT. On some computers the updater makes a certain file size too small, this makes it not work correctly for whatever reason.

They can fire this issue remotely.

vortecd

Established Member
The SCT software won't work with 8.1. It is a drivers issue and SCT was able to fix it remotely talking to them on the phone.

I bought a new laptop this summer just for my car for tuning and it has windows 8.1. I waiting 30 minutes on hold and when I got someone, it took him less then 5 minutes to make the fix

Not sure why they can't make some update for 8.1

SCalla1384

Established Member
Okay, I got it. I clicked on the program, clicked automatically check for updates then it worked fine. I did it before it didn't do anything, this time I did and it seemed to work fine.

RIPCHVY

Established Member
Mine use to only connected if I closed program and opened it multiple times. I found that if you plug the cable up first and the handheld then open the program it works fine. Now since I updated mine its been working fine.

FATHERFORD

Established Member
its a driver issue, i posted a link to the drivers somewhere on this forum(I think the VMP section)

Speedwagon

Established Member
its a driver issue, i posted a link to the drivers somewhere on this forum(I think the VMP section)

You are correct... Just call SCT and get the Win8 drivers... They will even remote into your pc and do for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread