Concensus on X2 ball joints?

YELOSNK

Established Member
Is there a consensus on the x2 ball joints at this point? I know historically MM isn't a fan and I've seem some other complaints, but also quite a few positive ones.

I ask because I picked up a pair with a solid discount before Xmas with the intent of replacing my worn out ones, but it turned out my arms were so far gone I had to get all new arms. As such, I'm unsure if I should be pressing the brand new joints out of the arms I got from LMR to put these in or trying to sell the X2s.

I'd be running H&R race springs. I already have a front bump steer kit and MM CC plate are otw.

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
Then I would skip the x2 for now.

Keep the bump steer spacers for later, should you go with x2 later. If you can send the steeda x2 back, go for it. Proforged sell a less expensive set with spring spacers.

You can level the swaybar for the HR Springs.
See the mircerros site for that.

Front swaybar endlink.

2000 Mustang V6 5spd Convertible

YELOSNK

Established Member
I got the X2s for a similar price to the proforged and doubt I can return them at this point.

Other than price, is there any reason to go for the proforged over the X2s?

And what is the "mircerros" site?

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
I got the X2s for a similar price to the proforged and doubt I can return them at this point.

Other than price, is there any reason to go for the proforged over the X2s?

And what is the "mircerros" site?

Then I would just keep the steeda ball joints for replacement parts down the road.

I gave you a link for the swaybar leveling.
Basically you are going to get a swaybar link bolt that is 1" shorter and hacksaw the bolt tube/ferrule 1" in order to level the swaybar.

You want the swaybay to be unsprung in the resting position.

Front Sway Bar End Links & Bushings

YELOSNK

Established Member
Gotcha I see it now. The name threw me off. Thanks!

I think I'm just gonna put the X2s in. With the miles I drive on it now, by the time I wear these out my newborn will be in high school.

Mainly I was concerned with whether people were against the X2s (and other longer ball joints) these days. Doesn't seem to be the case.

Users who are viewing this thread