Concept 05 parts

91mini

Hope to get an 05 soon
Established Member
Do you think they will eventually offer the hood, front bumper, and headlight styles from the concept 05 look?

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
If you look real closely at the 05 Mustang GT....though it has a dominating styling queue of the 67 through 70 models, there are still some slight styling queue ties to the 1999-2004 New Edge. It isn't completely disassociated from the New Edge look.

Supposedly Ford wanted to have some "breathing room" with the present 2005 Mustang GT style so that it could evolve it toward the concept car look over the course of Ford's six chronological-year model-year. Despite the concept car's great appeal with the market Ford backed off the concept car look to create this buffer using the Retro+New Edge marriage.

If you think about it there is sense to it because had Ford done the concept car look now it would have really been the pinnacle of its potential design with nowhere else to go....and Ford would have needed to completely redesign the Mustang look again for its next platform jump.

So this move by Ford actually in essense provides them 2 model-years or 12 chronological-years before having to consider making the next evolutionary leap in its design look.

Last edited:

verbal

Established Member
crispy23c said:
I agree, CobraKindaGuy. Great strategy. In the mean time, Classic Design Concepts is planning to roll out a few 2005 products that work along the lines of the concept:

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/catalog/2005_MUSTANG_COMPONENTS/

Take a look there, some interesting stuff...

Wow, this is an awesome looking Mustang!! It looks like the aftermarket is developing some pretty nice parts for the 05.

Shaker05.jpg

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
I want to see what this:

*BBR 500-E '05 Mustang package*
28 Peice "Eleanor" Body Kit

Looks like!!!!!

verbal

Established Member
crispy23c said:
Hey, verbal, how do I post a pic with my written post? I can't seem to figure it out...

Right click on the pic you want to copy. Go in the properties menu and copy over the URL. When you post a pic on this site go to the insert image icon and paste the pic. You will have to get someone to host the pic if it is your own pic. There is a help section on this site for posting pics that should also be able to help you.

Users who are viewing this thread