Condensation/fog on inside of windshield

Douglas White

Established Member
Do you turn off Recirc before parking the vehicle? if not, this is more likely to happen. It opens the vents to the outside air when you turn it off before shutting the car down. Otherwise whatever condensate is in the car when it is shut down, stays in the car and doesn't equalize with ambient temps.

Zandura99

Almost there
Established Member
the wetness will be on the side of the glass that is the most humid. If the engine is hot, then there is no reason for the condensation, everyone is talking about the hot engine, but its the cool side... whether that is the outside cooler than the inside or vise-versa. In the north Midwest, I experience this when its hot and/or humid outside and I accidently leave air on either the defroster or ONLY the floor. The floor setting on our cars lets a little cold air seep out the defrost opening, and then BAM I get condensation. I kick up the heat and on the defrost and within minutes (even in the summer) all the condensation is gone. If its really humid the condensation can be in the inside as well, but I usually experience it outside. Fix for that is just to make sure your air conditioning is on floor and front vents, just not defroster or not just floor, or it will fog up pretty quickly.

JS4KIKZ

Established Member
It's pretty bad in my car too. '14 GT. I've seen this on many 11+ mustangs. I'll be installing an exhaust in the near future at a buddy's shop soon and plan to look at it a little deeper. If I find anything, I'll post it up.

JDos1

Established Member
Under the dash just below where the condensation forms
The sound tube enters the cabin above where the clutch pedal would be. The tube attributes absolutely nothing to this issue.

Even with the HVAC turned completely off, a slight amount of air passes through at least the defog vents. It hits the windshield and causes the condensation to occur. Nothing can be done to stop this. I've noticed keeping the interior side of the windshield completely clean greatly reduces this occurrence. Could always use an anti fog spray like you'd use on safety glasses to further reduce the issue. There is no getting around it however.

autorres

Who else has this annoying problem? Depending on weather when I drive the car somewhere and roll up the windows I get condensation or fog on the interior of the windshield. I thought it was just my car but my brothers does it to and the last time I was at the track I seen a few others do this also. It's like heat from the engine bay is somehow seaping into the cabin and fogging up the inside of the windshield in the middle...same annoying V pattern with each car I've seen it happen on.

Anyone got a fix for this or something to maybe apply on the interior of the windshield to stop this from happening? Weird problem...thanks for any info

Mine does it too. It’s definitely the heat from the motor coming up from the cowl and the humidity of the air. I bought my car in Puerto Rico and had that issue all the time. I moved to North Carolina and have never had the issue since. At first I thought it was the heater element leaking but it was not the case.
IMG_1706.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread