Confused????

NotSoTame

Established Member
on svt site it says that there were 1775 rio red 93 cobras made and only 9 vibrant red cobras, now iv seen at least 6 people on here that say they have vibrant red 93 cobras and the guy that sold me mine said it was vibrant red and my buddys is the same color so beetween the 6 on here and me and my friend thats 8 of 9? well i know mine is not 1 of 9 so i guess im wondering is that an error in the svt site and is there confusion on what color is what or is there really only 9 vibrant red cobras and 6 of them post on here? like i said im confused my paint code is es i think maybe ey can remember but the touch up paint labled performance red will soemone please shed soem light on this

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
There was only one style of red on the '93 Cobra's (paint code ES).

Lemme break it down:
There were 1,891 TOTAL red Cobra's in '93 INCLUDING the 107 Cobra R units.

I'll break it down further:
• There were 362 red Cobra's with black cloth interior.
• There were 522 red Cobra's with grey cloth interior.
• There were 1007 red Cobra's with leather interior=1,891 units.

NotSoTame

Established Member
thanx very much

your in mn too? where from, i was told to do here in the modern muscle of mn forum, jason with the silver lightning put a hyper link, i know iv seen brian groth in here and i know hes from mn as well maybe there should be an svt club in the twin cities, id like that alot better then hanggin with all those f bodys, ps look at the pic i attached not very good but still its not every day i run into 2 other 93 cobra at the gas station

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
That pic was TOO SWEET! Nothin' like a Cobra reunion! Those other two guys just pull up or something? Where was that at? Wich one is yours?

Yeah Brian is on here... I really gotta check out the MMM forum, maybe join the club. But yeah, needs more Stangs.

I'm in St. Paul just shy of Maplewood.

NotSoTame

Established Member
well i know those guys, mines the one with the cobra r,s i have my stock rims with good tires but when i put them on they didnt look right i dont know if its cuz the car is lower or if im just used to the huge difrence in offset but i put the r's back on, anyways im in maplewood just shy of st paul 36-35E right on the corner there, yeah u should check out mmm its a decent clud and the organize track events and street events and shows, that pic was taken last weekend down in newport a few hours later we all got tickets for disordly conduct thats a bummer, but skinny with the teal one he ran a eclipse with 450 hp, 400ftp, and a wheel drive and still there was no stoping the cobra killed him on the top end and he even had stock tires on it was awsome

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
VERY nice car! I'm just the other side of Lake Phalen... so about 5 minutes from you! I NEVER see that many '93's around here... where do the other two live? Does the other red one have a blower?

You guys were at Redrock huh? Haven't been there in a while. You must of been at that Amoco then. I bet I've seen that Eclipse down there b4, pretty mean, but the Cobra's sound meaner! Can't believe they gave you tickets...

We should all hook up next spring then. I'll check out the MMM site and see wuzzup... Right now, my thoughts are to get the L sold ASAP in the spring (storage now), and prolly sell the Turbo Grand Prix (that I just got), and Procharge the piss outta the Cobra! :coolman:

Talk to ya' later!
~ Tim ~

BillsSnake

NotSoTame - The first 9 Cobras produced in 93 were Vibrant Red without clearcoat. One of them actually made it's way to a customer and the rest stayed with Ford. Fords website is incorrect in stating that the 93 Cobra color is RioRed as we all know that it is Vibrant Red Clearcoat. :bash:

NotSoTame

Established Member
not sure where jeff and skinny live but there around on a pretty consitant basis, jeff more so then skinny cuz skinny is a track junkie, jeff hang with a little silver 5.0 notchback that has a 406 in it that car sounds meaner then anything and goes like it to so if you see a coupe with no hood pony rims no back seat and has a mystic painted trick flow intake watch out its way fast, we got the tickets down in rosemount after we left red rock, we never go donw there in the summer cuz its so stupid and all slow cars theres way better street racing around here, but this late in the season thats the only place with people

NotSoTame

Established Member
ps jeffs car isnt blown yet, he ran like a 12.41 i think and thats on just the motor, and what makes that even more bad ass is that motor is no where even close to being tuned to make naturly asparated power its got a cutom ground blower cam the compression is set for a blower so yeah i cant wait to see it with the blower i thinks he going with a 14 psi procharger but im not sure

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Originally posted by BillsSnake
NotSoTame - The first 9 Cobras produced in 93 were Vibrant Red without clearcoat. One of them actually made it's way to a customer and the rest stayed with Ford. Fords website is incorrect in stating that the 93 Cobra color is RioRed as we all know that it is Vibrant Red Clearcoat. :bash:

I've NEVER heard that before about the first 9! Intersting...

NotSoTame

Established Member
LMFAO this dip stick in a chat room saw my screen name and i dont know if hes bitter or what but hes like the 93 cobras arnt all they were cracked up to be, hes like my stock 91 lx will beat any stock 93 cobra and i see more 93 cobras on the streets then 5.0 lx's, is he smoking crack? he lives in mn too, and iv never seen a 93 cobra just driving around, iv only seen a few but its always in a place where car guys gather never just out of the blue, i know there not that rare i mean 5000 is still an avg of 100 per state but still there not that commen and hes telling me he sees them all the tiem and more then lx's i think he just couldnt find the $$$ for a cobra, and i told him id race him anytime and he still thinks his lx would take my car, thats a brain on drugs

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Schmuck....
He probably doesn't know what a '93 Cobra looks like! He probably sees all the LX's and GT's with Cobra snakes on them and figures it's a Cobra.

Race for cash... not free, as he's clueless....

svtguy

Established Member
Originally posted by SVT X 2
There was only one style of red on the '93 Cobra's (paint code ES).

Lemme break it down:
There were 1,891 TOTAL red Cobra's in '93 INCLUDING the 107 Cobra R units.

I'll break it down further:
• There were 362 red Cobra's with black cloth interior.
• There were 522 red Cobra's with grey cloth interior.
• There were 1007 red Cobra's with leather interior=1,891 units.

The 93 cobra's that are red and 93 cobra R's are red are stated to be vibrant red-paint code ES.

2000 cobra R's are preformance red-paint code ES.

Fords 1/2 oz touch up paint bottles-paint code ES-is stated as performance red.

Same color, different names? Anyone answer this one, or how about a good old educated guess.

Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread