Considering going w/ a return fuel system...have questions???

turbov6joe

Defensor Fortis
Established Member
Can you use the stock fuel feed line as either the feed or return line?
Is there a way to use the OE fuel rail with a return system?
What size is the OE feed line equal to in AN sizing?
Anyone care to share what parts they used to convert it to return?

cj428mach

Established Member
1. Yes you can use the stock feedline as either a feed or return. Lots of people run the stock feed line and then add a return. I can't say I've seen to many people use the stock line as a return though. My friend is currently running the stock feedline with a whipple and about 20psi and e85. No problems.

2. You can run the stock rails with a return system as this is how Lethal's Budget and Fore Level 1 returns are done. Since you're running e85 I'd go with running the stock rails in a dead head configuration as if you run large pumps you can get cavitation from the tiny FRPS hole being used as the return.

3. I would get the stock line is a 6AN or maybe smaller.

4. I went with a Fore Level 1 kit and upgraded it to a Level 2 kit later. The Fore stuff is top notch.

turbov6joe

Defensor Fortis
Established Member
Is there a way to get a fuel regulator onto the stock fuel rails by getting rid of the frps? Does anyone make A billet piece that would bolt down there and allow a regulator to be mounted to it. I'm sure somewhere on the regulator itself is a return port I could use to run a line large enough back to the fore hat to dump off the unused fuel. Do you all think -8 would be plenty as a return line? I'm lucky that the previous owner bought a fore hat with return ports already there. I have to figure out what size the are So I can buy the correct parts the first time.

cj428mach

Established Member
Is there a way to get a fuel regulator onto the stock fuel rails by getting rid of the frps? Does anyone make A billet piece that would bolt down there and allow a regulator to be mounted to it. I'm sure somewhere on the regulator itself is a return port I could use to run a line large enough back to the fore hat to dump off the unused fuel. Do you all think -8 would be plenty as a return line? I'm lucky that the previous owner bought a fore hat with return ports already there. I have to figure out what size the are So I can buy the correct parts the first time.

You can get an adapter to mount the regulator on the stock rails as thats how many of the starter return kits work. Fore sells the FRPS adapter for a regulator for their level 1 gas kit for e85 they want you to run deadhead with the stock rails. You can run into issues when running big pumps the problem can be trying to shove all that excess fuel through the tiny FRPS hole for the return. I know one member with 465's had issues with it until he converted to a dead head setup.

8AN would be plenty for a return line.

Since you have a hat you really only need fuel line, filter, rail inlet adapter and regulator.

Get with 04sleeper, Malcolmv8, or TRBO_VNM they're all Fore dealers and can sell you just the parts you need to complete your setup.

TRBO VNM

Fore actually just released a new Level 1 kit setup for e85. Level 1E. It is setup so the regulator is pre-rails.

OP, depending on the hat design you have depends on if you can just buy new pumps for it. If you have a picture of the top of the tank to show the top of the hat that would partly help. Would be best to actually pop the hat out and take a pic.

I can tell you that if you want to do it that way, you will have to send the hat to Fore in order to have the new pumps installed. It isn't hard, but based on the newer hat designs there is disassembly that has to take place in order to install them and they rather not have people do it and risk messing things up.

Hit me up in PM and I can set you up with a full system that is latest and greatest and you can sell what you have or we can try and get it to work with what you have. But we do need to know what hat you have in the tank now.

And -8 return is plenty.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

You can get an adapter to mount the regulator on the stock rails as thats how many of the starter return kits work. Fore sells the FRPS adapter for a regulator for their level 1 gas kit for e85 they want you to run deadhead with the stock rails. You can run into issues when running big pumps the problem can be trying to shove all that excess fuel through the tiny FRPS hole for the return. I know one member with 465's had issues with it until he converted to a dead head setup.

Since you have a hat you really only need fuel line, filter, rail inlet adapter and regulator.

Get with 04sleeper, Malcolmv8, or TRBO_VNM they're all Fore dealers and can sell you just the parts you need to complete your setup.

Thank you...no underscore though. :poke: :beer:

turbov6joe

Defensor Fortis
Established Member
Fore actually just released a new Level 1 kit setup for e85. Level 1E. It is setup so the regulator is pre-rails.

OP, depending on the hat design you have depends on if you can just buy new pumps for it. If you have a picture of the top of the tank to show the top of the hat that would partly help. Would be best to actually pop the hat out and take a pic.

I can tell you that if you want to do it that way, you will have to send the hat to Fore in order to have the new pumps installed. It isn't hard, but based on the newer hat designs there is disassembly that has to take place in order to install them and they rather not have people do it and risk messing things up.

Hit me up in PM and I can set you up with a full system that is latest and greatest and you can sell what you have or we can try and get it to work with what you have. But we do need to know what hat you have in the tank now.

And -8 return is plenty.

Currently I have a billet Fore hat withy dual GT supercar pumps in the hanger. It runs out to OE fuel feed lines, up to the OE rails and into 80 pph injectors. I have the pumps being driven by dual FPDM's that are also helped by a 40a KB BAP. The pumps are fed power down to them via heavy gauge wire. I'd love to go to a return system using most, if not all the parts I already have.

turbov6joe

Defensor Fortis
Established Member

What does run "deadhead" through the stock rails mean?

TRBO VNM

Currently I have a billet Fore hat withy dual GT supercar pumps in the hanger. It runs out to OE fuel feed lines, up to the OE rails and into 80 pph injectors. I have the pumps being driven by dual FPDM's that are also helped by a 40a KB BAP. The pumps are fed power down to them via heavy gauge wire. I'd love to go to a return system using most, if not all the parts I already have.

The only potential thing you could still use is the hat. You would sell the gt pumps, one of the fpdm's and the dual fpdm harness along with BAP. That would all help fund the parts you need for return. The hat we do not know without seeing that hat to determine if you can use it. Do you know when it was purchased?

turbov6joe

Defensor Fortis
Established Member
Replied.

And OP, I called and left you a message earlier. Give me a call tomorrow.

I GOT IT THANKS! We spent all day up in KC for the Royals parade, so I was off grid for most of the day. I'll shoot you a call latter morning if that's ok?

Users who are viewing this thread