Considering selling 00R #231

oregon87

Established Member
I'm currently partnered in a plane, but I'd REALLY like one of my own. I'm also working on my instrument rating, so it would be nice to find a plane a bit better equipped than what I have now. I've owned the R for about 4 years and I think I've driven it 6 times. I don't really enjoy the car, however...my wife LOVES it!! :) I've raced, instructed and enjoyed track days for years. For whatever reason, I can't bring myself to take the car on the track.
In regard to holes in the sky, far worse that a boat! My Mastercraft costs very little per year as I can do all the maintenance. Certified airplanes require most maintenance and mandatory inspections to be performed by certified mechanics. VERY expensive.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Sell the car, get your own plane, get your instrument rating and tell your wife that I am already an instrument rated pilot with a 2000 Cobra R! :cool: :p

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Or...I can keep the R, put a VOR w/GS and DME in my plane and be just like you! :D

I have a bit more than a VOR w/GS and DME in “my plane.”

Sell it and get a new toy (that literally flies).

8417_AF82-234_E-43_AC-_A444-55_F1_C3_A85527.jpg

E9_F950_EB-_A086-4_C83-84_D9-_C6564_EA82545.jpg

oregon87

Established Member
Nice!! Boxes make for far better cargo than people! This coming from someone who works in aviation sales/technical support. May need to hold onto the Cobra for sheer sanity. :-D

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
For whatever reason, I can't bring myself to take the car on the track.

That’s too bad cause you are missing out on one of the most incredible open track car experiences you can have with a car.

I’ve had mine on the track probably 15 times over the years. WAtkins Glen, lime rock, VIR, charlotte, Nashville, gingerman, it’s one of the most raw cars I’ve ever had the pleasure of owning and driving.

oregon87

Established Member
That’s too bad cause you are missing out on one of the most incredible open track car experiences you can have with a car.

I’ve had mine on the track probably 15 times over the years. WAtkins Glen, lime rock, VIR, charlotte, Nashville, gingerman, it’s one of the most raw cars I’ve ever had the pleasure of owning and driving.

I've had the car up in the mountains near Cougar Reservoir for a small taste of what it can do and it did well. Most importantly, it was fun! Easily as fast and nimble as my old 347 powered American Iron fox body. That car was raw! I imagine the R would be a blast on the track. The car has the 90mm MAF, Bassani exhaust, prototype air intake and it'stuned. It makes a decent amount of power. However, I'm not a huge fan of the hybrid IRS in these cars. Better than what came before it certainly, but Mustang is as Mustang does. The best way to make a Mustang handle well is to take all the Mustang out of it. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread