Convertible guys- store top up or down??

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
Hey guys. Just checking in as to best practices....

I Have my 95 vert (it's actually a hard top vert) in the garage, but I have it with top down. Than I got to thinking about it, and was thinking maybe I should be storing it with the top up.

So I kind of started researching and read online to store with the top up but figured I would ask on here from guys who have had a few seasons in, and with SN95 tops.

Anyone had any issues either way going over the winter with it down or on the flip side with it up?

Thanks for any tips as this is my first winter with the car.

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
The general consensus is to store verts with the top up. Having said that, I have a 95 “2-top” vert also. I bought it about a month ago. It is sitting in my garage with the hardtop on it and the vert top down.

On my other verts, I have found that the vert tops can be a bit of a challenge to stretch back into place if they were stored in the down position for awhile.

Storing the cars with the vert top up keeps the top properly fitted (stretched) and wrinkle free.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What Goose said is spot on. You definitely do not want to store your convertible long term with the top down. If you have a large garage like Goose has and want to display it with the top down, just drop the top when appropriate and then back up when your friends leave. ;) Helps keep the interior clean, too.

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
Awesome goose! I had seen some posts that you had another sn95 car in bound but was curious as to what it was. Congratulations!
I am definitely looking forward to more info as you progress with the car!
The general consensus is to store verts with the top up. Having said that, I have a 95 “2-top” vert also. I bought it about a month ago. It is sitting in my garage with the hardtop on it and the vert top down.

On my other verts, I have found that the vert tops can be a bit of a challenge to stretch back into place if they were stored in the down position for awhile.

Storing the cars with the vert top up keeps the top properly fitted (stretched) and wrinkle free.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Awesome goose! I had seen some posts that you had another sn95 car in bound but was curious as to what it was. Congratulations!
I am definitely looking forward to more info as you progress with the car!

My 95 2-top was an “unplanned purchase.” The owner popped up here with a question about his car and I sent him a pm inquiring if he’d sell it.

You probably read something about another car I bought last summer. I still haven’t disclosed the details on that one... it’s a low-mile collector car that wasn’t stored properly. For the last 6 months+, I have been doing a full bottom restoration on the car and I’m almost done. Once it’s complete, I’ll post info about it.

Users who are viewing this thread