Convertible Top on my 03 Cobra

03WhiteSVTCobra

Cobra&'Cuda
Established Member
Hi, Well as everyone knows car shows are starting here soon and when it comes to detailing I get great credit for my car show shine when the day comes. I no way take the credit for my cars, my father who has been around cars all his life and started working at his uncle's car lot when he was just a boy starting out detailing cars. He got his knowledge from his uncle and passed it on to me with all of the cars we have had. I do great when it comes to cars but this past winter and crazy, unwanting surprise happened. Some how a cat got on the top of my convertible and now HAIR!!! I always use a lint roller and get off particles and hair when at the show and while cleaning and detailing before a show but just wonder if ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO MAKE IT PAIN FREE AND FAST TO GET HAIR OFF THESE CONVERTIBLE TOPS. Thanks for reading and hope anyone has any knowledge can pass it on to me and if you have any questions feel free to ask about detailing and I will answer.

03cobrah

Established Member
Hi, Well as everyone knows car shows are starting here soon and when it comes to detailing I get great credit for my car show shine when the day comes. I no way take the credit for my cars, my father who has been around cars all his life and started working at his uncle's car lot when he was just a boy starting out detailing cars. He got his knowledge from his uncle and passed it on to me with all of the cars we have had. I do great when it comes to cars but this past winter and crazy, unwanting surprise happened. Some how a cat got on the top of my convertible and now HAIR!!! I always use a lint roller and get off particles and hair when at the show and while cleaning and detailing before a show but just wonder if ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO MAKE IT PAIN FREE AND FAST TO GET HAIR OFF THESE CONVERTIBLE TOPS. Thanks for reading and hope anyone has any knowledge can pass it on to me and if you have any questions feel free to ask about detailing and I will answer.
just a guess but maybe a lint roller will help

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Ragg Top

if you properly prep your top.....keeping it clean won't be an issue.

It's the same thing with your paint...properly cared for and prepped paint doesn't need to be washed as much.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Ragg Top

if you properly prep your top.....keeping it clean won't be an issue.

It's the same thing with your paint...properly cared for and prepped paint doesn't need to be washed as much.

even using RaggTop cleaner and protectant, it wont stop pet hair and other debris from becoming lodged into the fabric.

Walmart/Target has a pet fabric "scrubber" thingy, the pad surface is almost like a velcro. It grabs pet hair way better than a lint roller or other types of tools.

I also found the Kiwi fabric/canvas protectant/waterproofer works way better than RaggTopp. My butyl rubber core layering on my spyder has broken down, and RaggTop didnt stay waterproof enough, so in a heavy rain it was like i had the top down, it was seeping through the entire top and soaking everything. Used that Kiwi canvas stuff and it beads up better than my paint! RaggTop would bead but only under light rainfall. Ive also heard Scotchguard canvas protectant works as well.

44b8df4f18eb0f.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread