Converting Lund nGauge to non-Lund?

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I'm curious to find out if simply flashing non-Lund firmware to the Lund nGauge will convert it to the standard HPT usable version.

Has anyone tried this?

Dinosgt

Established Member
I'm curious to find out if simply flashing non-Lund firmware to the Lund nGauge will convert it to the standard HPT usable version.

Has anyone tried this?

FWIW I asked the same question to the folks who build it, i.e. e-motion. They said it cannot be done. They didn’t give me any detail as to why however...

I have two of these suckers and wanted to use the second on my V, and Lund doesn’t tune GMs.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Interesting, I've been told it can be unlocked for a fee, meaning it can somehow be done. I sent e-motion an email earlier, but your reply made me realize they won't help.

I bet I can crack it....

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Yeah, they just replied with the "it will change the display, but not the functionality".

Makes me wonder if there is a jumper on the board that needs to be moved......

I'm going to pop it open and have look.

Dinosgt

Established Member
Yeah, they just replied with the "it will change the display, but not the functionality".

Makes me wonder if there is a jumper on the board that needs to be moved......

I'm going to pop it open and have look.

Great - I’m not electrically inclined, so I will wait to see what you learn. Would love to just wipe the thing and install new software.

Look forward to seeing what you learn

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
If its just software then there is a way to convert it. Problem is the company isnt gonna be so hopeful because it doesnt help them. Someone with some programming knowledge should be able to figure it out.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
No luck.

Since I'm now a NGauge vendor (unlocked), I can't really pursue it anymore. HPtuners and Ferraro Speed have been very generous in helping getting my small shop off the ground and I don't want to burn any bridges with them.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Lund will unlock them but there is a fee. I don’t know the price, but I’ve read it can be done .

Users who are viewing this thread