Cool Fall/Winter air mod coming...

Streetpwr281

Established Member
Living in FL there is no better mod than when the cool Fall air moves in to feed your 780rwhp 19psi Whippled Shelby GT500. Summer heat always has me completely babying the car from May - Sept. But it’s all worth the wait for the 40 - 60 degree Fall/Winter air from late Oct - early Mar. Has to be worth 50rwhp/50rwtq!! While all you northerners make your winter storage plans the fun is just getting started down south! Hurry up cold air!!! ️=

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Lucky you, I guess it’s a trade off. I will be prepping mine for storage probably next month. October has still been warm here haven’t driven it much this year it’s been a hot summer in Ohio. Although this Saturday with a morning low of 38 it will be boost weather for cars and coffee.

Handlebar Moustache

Established Member
Living in FL there is no better mod than when the cool Fall air moves in to feed your 780rwhp 19psi Whippled Shelby GT500. Summer heat always has me completely babying the car from May - Sept. But it’s all worth the wait for the 40 - 60 degree Fall/Winter air from late Oct - early Mar. Has to be worth 50rwhp/50rwtq!! While all you northerners make your winter storage plans the fun is just getting started down south! Hurry up cold air!!! ️=

I'm with you. Been waiting all summer for some crisp air.

99VERT

Established Member
Supposed to be cool here in Atlanta by the weekend! 50s in the Am and 70s during the day! Any concerns by anyone with all the cool dense air and a possible leaning out concern? Always wondered if it is a possibility. When I tuned my Shelby the 1st time I was bummed at the warmer weather and the tuner was actually happy as he likes tuning in warmer times to keep it safe from detonation.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Supposed to be cool here in Atlanta by the weekend! 50s in the Am and 70s during the day! Any concerns by anyone with all the cool dense air and a possible leaning out concern? Always wondered if it is a possibility. When I tuned my Shelby the 1st time I was bummed at the warmer weather and the tuner was actually happy as he likes tuning in warmer times to keep it safe from detonation.
If we could get mid 50s and 60s here in GA I would be happy.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

hostile500

Established Member
We had mid 70s so far this week in New Hampshire. But temps are falling fast. Trees have changed colors and depression season is fast approaching.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

blue 07

Established Member
We had mid 70s so far this week in New Hampshire. But temps are falling fast. Trees have changed colors and depression season is fast approaching.

Yea buddy, but it is that much closer to putting it away and you porting and polishing my supercharger !! 60 and 70 degree dry cool air makes for some exhilarating rides in the beautiful fall colors.

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
Dealing with hurricane mike today in north Florida and hitting the track on Friday.....if it’s still there lol, excited to see what the cooler weather does to the et

hostile500

Established Member
Yea buddy, but it is that much closer to putting it away and you porting and polishing my supercharger !! 60 and 70 degree dry cool air makes for some exhilarating rides in the beautiful fall colors.

I’m hoping dyno day is going to bring cooler temps this year. I’ll have alittle surprise up my sleeve with the car. It should be a good time either way. October 27th!!!! You have to come up.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
AZ is finally cooling off, just waiting for my XBA setup to show up and get the new tune dailed in. I can't wait to enjoy my car all winter long.

stanger1

Established Member
Here in KS, we are getting the cooler air, but lots of rain. Seems every weekend, rain.
This weekend, Rain in the forecast.
I want to enjoy the Fall air with the Shelby, but so far, not been able to.

Users who are viewing this thread