Coolant leak from trunk mount cell

TexasSpeed

Established Member
On a recently acquired '08 GT500, it has the Revan Racing trunk mount cell with the integrated pump. I'm finding the spare tire well full of antifreeze after driving the car. I realized it was leaking out the small filter on the top of the cell since it was filled right up to the clear fill window. What is the recommended amount of fluid in the cell? I've removed about a gallon but, still getting fluid escaping from the filter. Your advice is appreciated.

Thanks - Todd

Van@RevanRacing

On a recently acquired '08 GT500, it has the Revan Racing trunk mount cell with the integrated pump. I'm finding the spare tire well full of antifreeze after driving the car. I realized it was leaking out the small filter on the top of the cell since it was filled right up to the clear fill window. What is the recommended amount of fluid in the cell? I've removed about a gallon but, still getting fluid escaping from the filter. Your advice is appreciated.

Thanks - Todd

Todd

I would check all of the fittings in and out of the trunk cell. Two to three inches below the top should be plenty of space for it not to come out of the top of the breather on the top of the cell.

Van

Users who are viewing this thread