Coolant running low

antiv6

Established Member
Recently the smaller coolant tank that is part of the heat exchanger system has been leaking somewhere, I have had to add fluid to it miltiple times, I have replaced the cap and the car runs fine but I've had to add about a cup o it each weak, the intercooler pumps working fine, any ideas?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Recently the smaller coolant tank that is part of the heat exchanger system has been leaking somewhere, I have had to add fluid to it miltiple times, I have replaced the cap and the car runs fine but I've had to add about a cup o it each weak, the intercooler pumps working fine, any ideas?

Yes.

Rent a leak tester, attach to tank, pump up pressure and find out where the coolant is going.

If the intercooler itself under the blower is leaking you will not see anything, yet this is the most potentially damaging to the engine.

If your I/C pump is original it could intermittently cut out allow fluid to boil and blow out of the I/C tank. But you would see this easily.

If you do a leak test and the pressure drops, yet no coolant shows up anywhere external, you will need to pull the blower PRONTO!

antiv6

Established Member
I found a little on the garage floor this morning, does that rule out the intercooler? I may take off the bumper an look around for leaks later when it gets cooler outside

Users who are viewing this thread