coolant temps while running A/C?

doubleblack

Established Member
Are your coolant temps higher while running the A/C?

Outside temp was about +90 deg F

On my stock digital readout w/ out A/C, I was getting readings between 86-88 deg Cel

While I had the A/C running, I was getting readings between 95-101 deg cel

Does anyone else notice a significant increase in coolant temps while running A/C?

BTW, I'm running the hybrid T-stat set-up which I assembled myself...which runs great w/ out A/C...in fact when it's not too hot outside my coolant temps can be down to 83 deg cel.

Are those A/C temps while cruising or idling? If cruising is that after or during a WOT run? Definitely very high for 90F IF they are on the highway. Definitely normal if its bumper to bumper traffic in 90F weather.

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Not sure about Deg C, but I know stuck on traffic jam one summer day last year with the a/c running for about one hour in 90F day and high OA RH% I saw 215F. Never went above and took a while to get there. Normal driving is 190-200F.

doubleblack

Established Member
thanks guys, so it seems A/C normally increases the temps pretty good...i thought something was wrong...i resisted turning on the AC today on the freeway and saw nice cool temps of 83 deg cel. at the lowest...i switch the A/C on for a short while and saw temps climbing to 91 deg cel. rather quickly and shut the A/C off...I was told 100 deg cel. is boiling point and tooling around town on a hot day w/ A/C I've seen 101 deg cel..

fyi, here's a Celsius to Fahrenheit converter:

http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/tempfc.htm

Last edited:

doubleblack

Established Member
Not sure about Deg C, but I know stuck on traffic jam one summer day last year with the a/c running for about one hour in 90F day and high OA RH% I saw 215F. Never went above and took a while to get there. Normal driving is 190-200F.

nutty, that gives an idea how good the hybrid thermostat works...83 deg c = 181 deg f...throw A/C and 90 deg outside temps nets the same as your results 101 deg C = 213 deg F...

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I run around 200 with a/c on cruizing...and stop and go in 90 degree weather will put me over 210...I don't run the A/C much for these reasons. I'm a firm believer that it's all about your fan settings and coolant combo, so this question will get many different answers, jmo

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
For info... ___CelciusX1.8 +32= F if I'm not mistaken
For example 101 C X1.8 +32=213.8 F

Users who are viewing this thread