Cooling help needed

buexdreux

Established Member
I recently took my '04 TVS blown Cobra to my first road course (Track Night in America hosted by SCCA). It was a blast driving on Carolina Motorsports Park's 2.3 mile track until my expansion tank cap on the blower decided to blow the seal and spray coolant all over the passenger side of my windshield at 100 mph. Luckily I was on the long straight, so I just turned the wipers on with no issue. I pitted and saw the issue, so I pulled the cap off (very difficult to do when the engine is hot) and re-seated the seal and went for another lap. As soon as I got into the boost it happened again. After re-seating the seal and letting the pump run for 40 or so minutes, I went for another run. Again when I got into the boost it happened again. This time I took the screw out of the cap to see if that did anything and when I went for my forth run, it did the same except now the coolant came out of the area where the screw was, but didn't come out under little-to-no boost. With my description is this an issue with the cap or do I need to get fans for the heat exchanger? I emailed Lethal Performance to see if there has been reporting of their caps not relieving pressure on road courses during summer temps. I bought some Water Wetter to see if that helps and I am actively looking at getting the dual fans for the HE. Thanks in advance for advice

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
If this is happening well you are in boost it could be that the o rings are going bad where the coolant lines go into the lower intake to the intercooler and if you are running more boost than the cap can hold it would push cooland out of the cap.

Users who are viewing this thread