Cooling/oil cooler question for supercharged Mustang GT

Stangra

Established Member
I anticipated having to deal with a lot more heat from a supercharged car and have installed a Mishimoto performance radiator, 170° thermostat, VMP triple pass heat exchanger & Peirburg GT500 intercooler pump. While running HPDE at Thunderhill on Aug 3rd it was about 100°, 10 min. into my 3rd session I experienced an overheat condition with CEL and limp mode. It seems that running hard at 100° is too much for my set-up so I'm looking for more cooling improvement. I think there's a lot to be gained by installing an oil cooler but the typical install location is occupied by my intercooler H/E. I might be able rig up a mounting point forward of the H/E but even if it'll fit I'm concerned about dumping more heat in front of the radiator & H/E, and about restricting the airflow through such a stack (oil cooler, H/E, A/C condenser, radiator).

Maybe there's an alternate oil cooler install location I haven't considered? A cooler w/fan comes to mind. Maybe there's more to be gained than lost by just stacking everything? Anybody here ever dealt with this challenge, or have any other suggestions that might help?

Users who are viewing this thread