Cop car at The Texas One Mile

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
I'm sure this is the wrong place to post this shit, but whatever, these are really the only people I conversed with back when I was active on the site. I'll try to figure out how to upload videos and pictures. I'll be down there running it tomorrow (Sunday), my coworkers just ran it the past two days and so far our highest is 152.7 with the light bar removed.

'16 Chevrolet Caprice 6.0l
Full 3" exhaust, headers, cold air intake
Torque converter
Stage 3 racing cam
custom tune
I know it's had work done on the internals as well, but not specifics.

Forgive me for not having brands and specifics of the mods done so far. This car came about for a few reasons. One, a lot of us are car guys and do this in our spare time already, and what started as an idea came to a reality because of awesome administration. It's a recruitment/community outreach/memorial car for our two fallen officers, Kenneth Copeland 12/4/2017 and Justin Putnam 4/18/2020. When we do races or car shows, we put their numbers on the windows, so we will be racing under Putnam's (442) while at The Texas Mile as a way to honor and remember them. It's been a work in progress, that started about 2 years ago. We originally started with a wrap, but quickly learned the quality wasn't the greatest so we had it painted instead. We have a lot of future goals with it, which possibly include a power adder or nitrous. We're attempting to make it an all around car, instead of strictly shooting for straight line time or cornering. It's still a fully functional patrol car, and gets used from time to time but isn't issued to one person.

Feel free to stop by and say hey, my name is Steve if you're down there. Hopefully these links work. We've had the benefit of lots of sponsors, including Federal Signal for the light package on it.

Last edited:

C2tuck

Established Member
Tapatalk. Straight from your photo library. Sounds like a cool project.

Stay safe come Tuesday... I don’t know how y’all do it, but thank you.

My daughter lives in Leander.

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
216db5a2045f7eaff1e4ddc877349aa1.jpg

3ffd845b8134412a82d31c64f9d42100.jpg

339dad69cab13baf74c1848dced29727.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• c017e5900543820c8c0a790234b66348.jpg
    c017e5900543820c8c0a790234b66348.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 91

utlong31

Established Member
Very cool. Thank you for your service.
Blue Lives Matter.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Yeah the PPV was known as the Statesman down in Aussie, the G-8 and SS is the Commodore VE and VF. The Statesman had a longer wheelbase and doors over the Commodore models. Sadly this was also the main reason a lot of depts didn't get them since everything had to be imported from Australia.

o2gt

Established Member
I was reading your post and the name Kenneth Copeland jumped out to me. The I saw your photo and realized you guys are SMPD. I was over at your PD a few weeks ago and while waiting I looked over the bust and plaque you guys have for officer Copeland. it was very nice and the car is a great tribute also, wish we had seen that before we headed back out of town.

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
e7105ac2d228e84288c4a67a449fd65a.jpg

Had a fantastic time. The first run was my quickest, at 151.1 but we were having issues with traction control all weekend not disengaging and causing launching issues. Had a blast talking to people there and seeing so many phenomenal cars. I’m thinking we need a 200 shot, and hit it as soon as it shifts at the half around 135. Or some different gearing. Hope we can get it back next year!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
REALLY cool.. I love those PPV Caprice's. They are starting to pop up on the used market. I might have to grab one.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
View attachment 1670302
Had a fantastic time. The first run was my quickest, at 151.1 but we were having issues with traction control all weekend not disengaging and causing launching issues. Had a blast talking to people there and seeing so many phenomenal cars. I’m thinking we need a 200 shot, and hit it as soon as it shifts at the half around 135. Or some different gearing. Hope we can get it back next year!

Brother, that is badass!!!

Users who are viewing this thread