cop swap plug gap for boost w/sauce

yfz162

88mph....serious shit!!!!
Established Member
Hey guys, I am currently running my plugs @ .028" from my old coil pack set-up. Where should these plugs be gapped at on a cop set-up? I have poked around online, but my findings are all over the place lol. I see guys running them anywhere from .020" on up to .036" lol. I am not getting any blowout where it currently sits, but I have not had it up over 5,000 rpm yet either. I do not plan to spin it past 6,500 and my boost should come in about 15-16psi at 6,500 with meth injection. I also spray a 75-100 shot of n2o once in a great while. Should I open the gap until I start getting blowout then close them down a bit or???

Thanks in advace:beer:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
.028 or a just a little tighter is about where I would expect to see it with TR6's and that kind of boost. I would leave it as is if it is working for you.

yfz162

88mph....serious shit!!!!
Established Member
.028 or a just a little tighter is about where I would expect to see it with TR6's and that kind of boost. I would leave it as is if it is working for you.

I have put about 650 miles on the car since getting it back together and have had no issues. I have made a few wot blasts up to about 5K and could not "feel" the car hesitating, but did appear to not be burning all the fuel off. I could see some excess black smoke once the rpm climbed over about 4500 rpm before shutting it down. Since I cannot feel it blowing out I thought maybe I should open them a tad to see if it starts to miss or cleans up a little.

Users who are viewing this thread