Corbeau FX1 Pro Seat Questions

Sizeth3

Established Member
I am interested in replacing one or both of my leather GT Premium seats with Corbeau FX1 Pro seats with the matching brackets.

I have a few questions though -

Do you sit higher than the stock seats? I am 6'6", so headroom for me is a must
If you slide the seat all the way forward, can you still get into the back seat?
What is the combined weight of the bracket and the seat? Is a 13' GT Premium leather heated seat really 78 lbs? By my math, that would be over 50 lbs of savings per seat...

Thanks!

Sizeth3

Established Member
Bump, nobody? I just heard that the Corbeau FX1 non Pro seats are better, as the FX1 Pros are uncomfortable even with a 34" waist. Hoping to get more info.

DaBigBone

Established Member
In the process of swapping seats. My Corbeau CR1s show up tomorrow.

I weighed my seats before selling them last week and the fronts were right about 60lbs each with the stock brackets attached.

I had the FX1 Pro in my old 2002 GT way back when. I know it's not a 2011+, but I'm 6'8" and had no issues with headroom in that car. The Corbeau brackets tend to sit a little lower than the stock ones as well.

GBCoyote

Established Member
I have LG1 seats and they actually sit lower than the OEM seats do with the corbeau slider tracks. The headrest sits low though, I'm 6ft and it just comes to base of my skull. As far as comfort, I love them. I'm a 34in waist and medium build, and even with a gun tucked in my waist at my 5 o'clock position they are comfortable. I've got a buddy who is a 36in waist and he says he's comfortable in them also. He's 6 foot 5 and large build (works construction). Wish I could be more help for your specific seat model.

Shaun@AED

I had the FX1 Pro's in my 2012 and they are narrow. They make different widths BTW, but you have to make sure they will fit in your car. I believe the Wide version is very wide.

My 2012 was a Base model with cloth and manual seats, the 2 FX1 Pros + single slider mounts dropped 42-44lbs off the car.

Users who are viewing this thread