Core shifter+ anti venom mod+ dexron III

Palacios289

Established Member
Just did a swap of shifters along with the anti venom mod. I had royal purple in the trans but I never liked the first to second shift and cold performance.

End results is a complete transformation. The shifts and now smooth between gears with no notchy feeling. Just feels better. Core shifters are not too popular but I love how it feels. Too me having the longer hurst shift handle feels way more ergonomic.

I don’t think I ever noticed but my T56 has a Dexron III fluid tag on it. While I’m sure the royal purple may last longer, I’ll just change the fluid once a year with Dexron III.

Palacios289

Established Member
I took out my MGW shifter. I know a lot of people like the MGW but I was never a big fan. sure the throw was very short but to me it put my arm at a down angle in relation to the shifter. I prefer the elevated shift handle. The centering springs of the core shifter work very well.

Frankycheechoo

Established Member
I have the mgw and I’m not that impressed with it either . My first to second is always weird or notchy when it’s cold . Put the royal purple didn’t really help . Unless it’s warmed up or I’m hammering it ok .
What should I do ? Anyone have a pro shifter ?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Palacios289

Established Member
Franky, I didn’t care for the royal purple at all. Swapped to good old Dexron III. No more cold shifting blues and in my opinion trans is quieter and shifts better when warm as well. I did do the anti venom mod with the fluid change.

Users who are viewing this thread