Correct Belt Length For My Set-Up

REPCobra10

Established Member
I'm almost complete with my set-up in my signature. All I need is the belt length and part # I need for a Goodyear Gatorback Belt. The combo is a 2.93"/4# with the Billetflow 4-Pulley Snub Idler Kit. Thanks for your help guys. Take it easy.

REPCobra10

Established Member
Thank you sir! That information was very helpful and very much appreciated. I may have to PM you some time as I have to check what size my alternator pulley is so I can determine what size belt is needed. It is the Billetflow 4-Pulley Idler Kit: (3) 100mm Idlers and (1) 92mm Idler on a 2.93"/4# combo. So when I check my alternator pulley size, I'll have a more definite answer on your website. I forget if it's the stock alternator pulley or not, but I don't believe it is the stock one anymore. Anyways, thanks again man. Take it easy.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Glad to help. Remember that the belt sizes are ONLY recommendations. Most have been supplied by people on this Forum and haven't been personally checked by me. PM me if you have any questions. I'm here every day.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I've got the Billetflow 4pc idler setup with a 2.93" upper / 4lb lower with a 3.20 alternator pulley. We used a 79" Gatorback and it worked fine.

REPCobra10

Established Member
11Sec_Lx said:
I've got the Billetflow 4pc idler setup with a 2.93" upper / 4lb lower with a 3.20 alternator pulley. We used a 79" Gatorback and it worked fine.

I checked this morning and it is the Metco 3.20" Alternator Pulley. I would much rather use a Gatorback than a Gates. Are you having any belt slip? I know I should see around the same as I did with the 2.76"/2# combo I used to have, ~17 psi, correct? Anyways, thanks for your help guys.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Yea, 17lbs. I got mine dyno tuned @ Alternative Auto (Excellent, excellent Customer Service!) and drove it home 7 hours and then proceed to drive it some more once I got home, and there was no real dust. I think I saw the slightest bit on the holes (windows) on the idler pulley that's underneath the 2.93.

REPCobra10

Established Member
11Sec_Lx said:
Yea, 17lbs. I got mine dyno tuned @ Alternative Auto (Excellent, excellent Customer Service!) and drove it home 7 hours and then proceed to drive it some more once I got home, and there was no real dust. I think I saw the slightest bit on the holes (windows) on the idler pulley that's underneath the 2.93.

I just picked up a 4060790 Gatorback Belt, same as your set-up, from Bennett Auto Supply. In the upcoming weeks I'll post my dyno results on and off the 100-shot in the Blower Bistro section. I have to break my DFX clutch in first. Anyways, thanks again for your help guys. I appreciate it. Take it easy.

Users who are viewing this thread