Correct part number for the diff clutch pack

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
I know many clutch packs fit. I want the OEM one that came with the car. Not interested in changing.
My research so far has told me the 03/04 came with carbon fiber pack. I called Tousely and had them go off my Vin# to make sure I order the correct part.
His OEM part #3L1Z-4947-BE ? I was expecting it to be M4700C 8.8" with Carbon Discs.
1. The BE # doesn't say C at the end for carbon?
2. If Ford racing just supersedes oem numbers the OEM number not used anymore.. ford racing is stock replacement. Such as 4.6 2v intake

Yes I know the m47000c will work but I want to know what the difference is. He said the BE # was carbon at Tousley hmmmm
Screenshot_2019-10-02-20-56-02.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I want to say I used the M4700 kit when I rebuilt mine. But that was the beginning of the year.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
The 'C' at then end of the OE part number has exactly zero to do with 'Carbon Fiber': the suffix denotes major and minor engineering changes and will update frequently through the life of the part. Just about everything through FR has an identical Ford part number - common knowledge. With FR, you get the same part(s) at generally a reduced price. Both kits are the same.

Official FR pic of the M-4700-C kit:

M-4700-C.jpg

A Torsen diff is the way to go, and at the very least, put the FR diff cover on if staying with the factory gear set ---------->Drivetrain

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread