Corvette C5 Vs 2003 Mustang Gt

shakeeb_33

Established Member
what do think the outcome will be between a stock c5 and Full Bolt On 2003 Mustang Gt and the distance is 500m from a dig :banana:

91frppgt

Banned
i've personally seen a all bolt on 00 gt run 12.70's full weight, 5 spd. no cams/intake/head work. pulling 1.7 60's and trapping right around 106.

if thats the case, it would give a stock auto a hella run. pull it quite good out of the hole.

Cobra Was Here

I Miss My Cobra
Established Member
the vette has a badass t/c system so i'm assuming the GT willstill lose. i can let a bolt-on gt get ahead of me by 1-2 cars off the line and pass hard it by 80 mph, but those 2Vs slow down at about 60-80 mph whereas a vette is going to keep pulling hard.

Blue02GT

Established Member
the vette has a badass t/c system so i'm assuming the GT willstill lose. i can let a bolt-on gt get ahead of me by 1-2 cars off the line and pass hard it by 80 mph, but those 2Vs slow down at about 60-80 mph whereas a vette is going to keep pulling hard.

05 is a 3v and a manual bolt on will put down 300+ to the wheels.
What do c-5's normally run in the 1/4 mile?
I have beat my brother in laws auto C5 with my crappy 2v o2 GT from a dig.
If the race was long enough he'd catch me.

Cobra Was Here

I Miss My Cobra
Established Member
05 is a 3v and a manual bolt on will put down 300+ to the wheels.
What do c-5's normally run in the 1/4 mile?
I have beat my brother in laws auto C5 with my crappy 2v o2 GT from a dig.
If the race was long enough he'd catch me.

they're talking about an 03 gt,an 05+ is a different story

Blue02GT

Established Member
Lol I got the 5 from C5 mixed up with 03. Bolt on pi 2v's run low 13's high 12's with a decent driver but will stop pulling at 5500 rpm.

Last edited:

SCARNECK

Established Member
I raced a C5 on the highway in my 02 GT and I pulled him? Maybe it was a Auto or Bad driver, and the T-56 pulls better on the highway than the stock trans

91frppgt

Banned
what are we comparing here? isn't the earlyer c5 vettes have less hp? A full bolt on gt, with a good driver on tires should run high 12's. Stock they run high 13's to low 14's around 100ish (5spd). longtubes/full exhaust/pullies/tb/plenum/tune should net you at LEAST 30RWHP. Not to mention gears. That alone would bump up the traps in a new edge around 104-106. depending on DA and driver alone. So i can understand up top where a vette would kick ass, but a quarter mile race i'm not seeing it pull 3 lenghts/bus lengths at all.

my opinion tho...

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
the GT might hold the vette off for the 1/8th mile, after that, the vette will pass the GT and pull hard above 80mph

C6 Vette

Established Member
what are we comparing here? isn't the earlyer c5 vettes have less hp? A full bolt on gt, with a good driver on tires should run high 12's. Stock they run high 13's to low 14's around 100ish (5spd). longtubes/full exhaust/pullies/tb/plenum/tune should net you at LEAST 30RWHP. Not to mention gears. That alone would bump up the traps in a new edge around 104-106. depending on DA and driver alone. So i can understand up top where a vette would kick ass, but a quarter mile race i'm not seeing it pull 3 lenghts/bus lengths at all.

my opinion tho...

A bolt-on GT with DR's and gears is'nt seeing anywhere close to 12's.....Low 13's is the best you can hope for and thats with John Force behind the wheel...

Users who are viewing this thread