Corvette Vs. Cobra Thread-ding, ding, ding

Power Trip

Established Member
When the ls1 guys bring up the boost deal, just say, "well if we had equal cubic inches". 281 vs 346. 65 cubes is a BIG difference without a doubt.

StangJason

Established Member
I despise the arguement the retards make about let's add equal boost my brand x n/a car versus your boosted brand x car then see how bad we beat you!! This is the most retarded uneducated arguement anyone could ever make.

For example let's take the 03 Cobra and give it a Turbo making the most boost it can safely make then let's give one of these retards in a Vette a Turbo with the same amount of boost. Ok does anyone know what will happen when these cars are tuned with pump gas? Ok does anyone know which car's motor will last the longest?

My guess is the Vette won't make as much power because it's compression is too high 10.5:1 versus the Cobra's 8.5:1. I'm also sure in most cases the Cobra's motor will last longer due to the fact the motor was built for boost.

These Vette owner's are real tards IMO

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
I ignore people like that. They have no respect for the abilities of any other car that isn't in the sportscar catagory. I mean, those guys are compairing apples and oranges. The Corvette's in a different catagory of cars then the Cobra.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
I'm diggin' your little snappy comments more and more each post you make. This is great. I like how, they get all defensive when you mention boost, then its like "oh, well if you boost an LS1..." They should know better. They pay out the ass for a car that I see driving down the street multiple times a day. Not worth it...

I'll take my muscle car Cobra over a plastic Vette any day. Don't get me wrong, they're nice cars, but frankly they're overrated. I know a lot of people look at our cars and say "Oh, its just another Mustang.." however, its a Mustang with huge balls and with little money and TLC, will stomp the "LS1 ego" everyone had come to accept prior to the 03/04 blown Cobra.

OnceBitten

Established Member
Power Trip said:
When the ls1 guys bring up the boost deal, just say, "well if we had equal cubic inches". 281 vs 346. 65 cubes is a BIG difference without a doubt.

Cubic Inches, weight, suspension, about another $10,000-20,000 on the sticker versus a Cobra...the list goes on and on as far as differences.

If they want to start comparing "small block v8's" we've got an 86GT with a 408W that I'd like to see them compare to :D

They're just like all the fools who bitch and whine about "he sprayed me, that's cheating". Get a grip losers...did I ever mention how much I hate 99% of Corvette owners?

That's one thing I love about my car is that our engine block is uber strong and made to handle boost unlike a "vette with the same amount of boost" so if a vette puts on some power adder their motor will blow give it a few thousand miles while ours is still running strong.

dougwg

Established Member
why do you guys get cought up in this crap?

we're all on the same team..... The American Team!

Last edited:

HPCobra04

Established Member
dougwg said:

Team america **** yeah, lol

I agree, but i got my brand new 04 for $26,5 and for that price i felt like ive got the baddest car on the planet for that price. And i'll bet the average age of most vette, not all but most, have to be between 50 and 60.

StangJason

Established Member
dougwg said:

Yes I like and respect the Vette just fine but it's often the tard's attitudes that drive them I can't stand :cuss: . I guess every type of car has its tard's but that one guy on equal boost is the type of tard I can't stand.

nastygt

Officially Crazy
Established Member
When people bring up the thing about the supercharger I just tell them since were going after market then I'll just buy a kenne belle for the 03. After that most of the time they just shut up.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
One thing that you CAN be proud of is that the Terminator motor can make 700+rwhp without touching the internals -- and still have the motor hold together and be very streetable. And do it rather inexpensively. I can't think of many other cars that can make that claim. :)

StoplightWarrior

Established Member
haha I remember when my neighbor bought a 50th anny vette and was talking trash to me...I raced him in my 99 z28 (had basic bolt ons/ free stuff, made 330rwhp) and destroyed him. haha vette owners.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
nikemason said:
That's one thing I love about my car is that our engine block is uber strong and made to handle boost unlike a "vette with the same amount of boost" so if a vette puts on some power adder their motor will blow give it a few thousand miles while ours is still running strong.

well, the block on the LS1 is probably as strong or stronger than our cast iron block.. what's it's weak point is the same identical thing that the prior 4.6 DOHC Cobras have.. connecting rods that are made from powdered metal and hyperutetic pistons.. also they are running over 10:1 compression ratio..

now if it's rebuilt to handle boost, then I'm going to say that it would again beat our Cobras..

64comet

Established Member
That was some funny reading. Why are vette guys so damn jealous of our cars. Not to mention I sure couldn't take my wife and 2 kids to the track with me in a Vette. Vettes haven't looked good since the 60's.

Users who are viewing this thread