Cost to replace rear quarter panel

mdisalvo85

Established Member
Soo about fifteen minutes ago I took a turn too sharp in the parking garage at work and took a nice cement chunk out of a wall with my passenger rear quarter panel. Needless to say, it will need replaced. Anybody have any idea how much I just cost myself?

Toasty

Established Member
Soo about fifteen minutes ago I took a turn too sharp in the parking garage at work and took a nice cement chunk out of a wall with my passenger rear quarter panel. Needless to say, it will need replaced. Anybody have any idea how much I just cost myself?

_LOTS_

Rear quarter panel replacements are very labor intensive. I'd guess its a 2-3K job minimum.

kingcato

Drunk Ninja
Established Member
_LOTS_

Rear quarter panel replacements are very labor intensive. I'd guess its a 2-3K job minimum.

WTF MATE!! where is your source for that

i put my car in a ditch and dented mine to the point of it being replaced, but i also ****ed up my back bumper which has to be replaced also, a long with all the paint on the right side of the car as well as the front bumper (yeah i know, i ****ed it up) and it came out to $1950 to fix it all back to like it was... usually corner panels will run you 450ish then how ever much to repaint it.. hope that helps

Last edited:

amorrow

Established Member
Prices can vary dramatically for such work, and that variance is typically due to HOW the repair was made. Prices will be relatively cheap if the dent is only partially pulled and caked with filler. But to properly fix a damaged quarter, by either "properly" working the panel or replacing altogether, $2-3K with paint is not necessarily unreasonable, based on the extent of the damage.

NoviBlown92

Tire Smoker
Established Member
Yep 2-3k for a replacement with good work and nice paint. Cheaper if they go the Bondo route.

LitleWhiteSnake

Yeah, Its a VTEC
Established Member
this is one of thoughs times when you get what you pay for... sorry to hear that.. try craigslist.com and find a mustang getting parted out.. good luck and keep her alive

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
My '95 Cobra just came back a few months ago from a $4200 paint job and fixing the drivers rear quarter panel was part of it. Basically I was backing out of a driveway and paying more attention to leaving enough space to not hit other peoples cars and ended up running the corner of a wooden porch right over the wheel opening area. It caused a crease about 2 feet long with a dent right in the center of it where the corner left its mark. The dent was about the size of a football. The way I was "told" it was fixed was by pulling the dent via pins welded to the quarter panel. They didn't say anything about bondo being used but god I hope the crease wasn't just smoothed over.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Why in the hell would you be eating popcorn as a reaction to seeing the damage on someone's car? Is this entertainment to you or something? Have a heart dude....:nonono:

Chill out. I wasn't being disrespectful to the OP. I was just agreeing with Noviblown92 that the damage may not warrant a replacement quarter and waiting for pics.

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
when my driver door got smashed it had to be completely relaced and by a reputable painter from USAA it cost almost $1300 and the door was used! Can't tell you about the labor on a quarter panel but if it's harder than swapping and painting a used door I think the $2-$3K might be correct.

realitygt

Established Member
when my driver door got smashed it had to be completely relaced and by a reputable painter from USAA it cost almost $1300 and the door was used! Can't tell you about the labor on a quarter panel but if it's harder than swapping and painting a used door I think the $2-$3K might be correct.

that's because any place USAA sends you is ridiculously expensive... to get a couple things on the front end replaced on my 98 was going to be about $8k.... I fixed it myself for $2500 with all ford parts...

mdisalvo85

Established Member
Got an estimate last night after work, came to about 1400 and the panel does not need to be replaced. It's lookin like the stang mnight be getting a full paint job now...

amorrow

Established Member
Before committing, I would ask exactly how they plan to fix the quarter. FWIW, it's of my opinion that little to no filler be used for a "quality" job, and all products (filler, primer, bc, cc, etc) used must be of very good quality. Otherwise expect pitting, cracking, flaking, etc. And these defects can show up immediately, or after awhile.

Not that it really matters if you don't intend to keep the car for awhile. But if you do, I'll say it again...I'd be concerned with HOW the bodyshop intends to fix the damage.

Users who are viewing this thread