Could Ford Fumble GT500 Launch Any Worse?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Always.

In reality, Ford's garnered a ton of attention for the new GT500, without having to say much.

The less people know; the more speculation articles are written, more threads in online forums are started, the constant checking to see if any announcement has been made, etc.

It's doing a hell of a good job.

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
Always.

In reality, Ford's garnered a ton of attention for the new GT500, without having to say much.

The less people know; the more speculation articles are written, more threads in online forums are started, the constant checking to see if any announcement has been made, etc.

It's doing a hell of a good job.

and on a VERY low budget...better they put their money into R&D...it is kinda like trolling the public- they toss a teaser out there and then sit back and watch people make comments, get hyped, etc. then when it dies down they will throw something else out there. might not be a bad approach honestly.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
This dude's a troll. Comes in, drops one post and then poof after he's stirred the pot up.

That is because he is too busy coming up with fake forum names so he can post pictures of his Bulldog on the Hellcat forum for 7 minutes before they figure out who he is and delete his post. Pretty sad he has nothing better to do with his life. He should get vanity plates that read Bad Penny. Lol

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
and on a VERY low budget...better they put their money into R&D...it is kinda like trolling the public- they toss a teaser out there and then sit back and watch people make comments, get hyped, etc. then when it dies down they will throw something else out there. might not be a bad approach honestly.

It's a great way of doing it, free advertising. Look at us right now.

Snoopy49

Established Member
troll.gif

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Your so wrong I don't even know where to start. Only a Ford fan boy would make a statement like this.

So, you're saying you actually liked "Batman Returns"?

Here's my take on this. IMO the Mustang base is a diehard and loyal group. They're willing to wait for the car to show up. Not everyone of course, but most. A different mind-set. So when the GT-500 does hit the showrooms, there will be no big need to market the car to the populace. Those who want it....will buy it. They're already planning. Already know it's coming. A car commercial isn't going to sway them. Same as those who wanted the GT-350 bought it. It surely wasn't marketed on TV. I think Ford knows how we think. Again, JMO.

Yep. Mustang loyalists are like Porsche loyalists. The real fans can wait to see what's what with the next pony.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I just don't get how Ford is handling the launch of the GT500. Nothing about it makes any sense. The most powerful Mustang ever is upon us and the best they can do is a crappy teaser that is followed up by nothing at NY Autoshow?
Part of what puts a car into culture is the marketing around it. Look how well Dodge marketed the Demon. They went ALL-IN on making it a car that was talked about not just on Autosites or amongst car enthusiasts, but heck even Good Morning America was talking about it. And they let fans know exactly when it would be revealed and orchestrated a brilliant roll-out of videos to build the hype. What has Ford done?
I just get the feeling Ford has no real plan to launch this car with any fanfare or excitement. It feels a lot like the launch of the Camaro ZL1 1LE. Amazing car...but they just dropped it into the world with no marketing what-so-ever.
I also think this statement is going to come back to bite them: "Venom Kills Demons". I just put race fuel in my Demon and the thing Dyno's 779whp. Yes, to the wheels. It's crazy what 100 octane can do when the car is calibrated for that. There's just no way the GT500 is going to come close to high-octane Demon power and absolutely no way it's going to "KILL" a Demon on anything other than a road course (which nobody cares about). Again, it's marketing that matters. Popping wheelies, fasted 1/4 mile production car ever...that's what stirs the souls of enthusiasts, not some lap time.
It's sad to see Dodge pave the way for how you launch an exciting car and then Ford can't even follow in those footsteps. I'm convinced they are stalling. It's like they know the car is going to come out and not Dethrone the Demon or ZR1. What gives?
Run any 9's yet?!?!?! ;)
Get the **** outta here!

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Good marketing or not, I would take a GT500 over a Demon all day, any day! I sure wouldn't talk about owning a Demon on SVT PERFORMANCE all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
With Mustangs and trucks surviving I think Ford has an opportunity to bring more to the table here. They have been carefully "quiet" when it comes to advertising/marketing high horsepower cars sold to the general public so as not to draw too much attention by the wrong people - I get that and appreciate the effort.

We are all becoming dinosaurs and very quickly at that. That said, I can't wait to fill mine up with 93 octane and freely travel the infrastructure that is still in place to support it. Bring it Ford!

Osiris

Established Member
As long as people still enjoy the freedom of the open road, there will be companies who make products that cater to it. Ford can't afford to abandon it entirely.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SlowSVT

Established Member
I just don't get how Ford is handling the launch of the GT500. Nothing about it makes any sense. The most powerful Mustang ever is upon us and the best they can do is a crappy teaser that is followed up by nothing at NY Autoshow?

Part of what puts a car into culture is the marketing around it. Look how well Dodge marketed the Demon. They went ALL-IN on making it a car that was talked about not just on Autosites or amongst car enthusiasts, but heck even Good Morning America was talking about it. And they let fans know exactly when it would be revealed and orchestrated a brilliant roll-out of videos to build the hype. What has Ford done?

I just get the feeling Ford has no real plan to launch this car with any fanfare or excitement. It feels a lot like the launch of the Camaro ZL1 1LE. Amazing car...but they just dropped it into the world with no marketing what-so-ever.

I also think this statement is going to come back to bite them: "Venom Kills Demons". I just put race fuel in my Demon and the thing Dyno's 779whp. Yes, to the wheels. It's crazy what 100 octane can do when the car is calibrated for that. There's just no way the GT500 is going to come close to high-octane Demon power and absolutely no way it's going to "KILL" a Demon on anything other than a road course (which nobody cares about). Again, it's marketing that matters. Popping wheelies, fasted 1/4 mile production car ever...that's what stirs the souls of enthusiasts, not some lap time.

It's sad to see Dodge pave the way for how you launch an exciting car and then Ford can't even follow in those footsteps. I'm convinced they are stalling. It's like they know the car is going to come out and not Dethrone the Demon or ZR1. What gives?

This section should be renamed: 20?? Shelby GT500 Mustang

Ford first has to have a viable GT500 before they can market the car which is the root of the problem.

It's becoming painfully obvious they are not taking their time to perfect the ultimate engine, they are struggling just to get it to market. If this was not the case we would have seen the GT500 released long ago which is not a good omen for their flagship performance car. If Ford does manage to release the car it's going to be late to the party, will most likely be relegated to 3rd place having only 5 liters to work with and probably pushed to the limit just to get this engine to make the kind of horsepower that will allow it to play in the sandbox with the other kids.

I really like the S550 platform, the GT350 proves it is a world class chassis that can take on just about any car on the market costing 10's of thousands more hat's off to Ford for a job well done. It's their lack of investment in a new V8 engine platform the Coyote engine is undoubtedly Ford's last gasp for a performance V8 engine before they replace the gas tank with a battery.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Since there has been no launch, your complaints mean nothing! GT350 did not launch at an auto show. I don’t believe the 13 GT500 launched at an auto show.

You can not fail at something yet to be tried. However we can all see you’re pissed at the decision you made....

Users who are viewing this thread