cowl hood?

termcobra281

Established Member
hey everyone, might be a dumb question but thinking of ordering a cowl hood for my 2003 cobra. I may need a little extra room with a intake I am thinking of running. The question is will a 99-04 gt hood fit on the 03/04 cobra or will it need modded? I notice the sites state 99-04 mustang but not sure if that applies to the cobras.. thanks for the help.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@LS WUT, it is my understanding that the '03-'04 Cobra's hood is about a half inch longer than the GT's. The '03-'04 Cobra front bumper facia is different and is the problem.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
@LS WUT, it is my understanding that the '03-'04 Cobra's hood is about a half inch longer than the GT's. The '03-'04 Cobra front bumper facia is different and is the problem.
This. The hood will fit, but it won't line up at the front right. Though I think it's the other way. I think the 03/04 hood is shorter. My son put an 03/04 bumper on his 99 GT and I remember it had a gap by the bumper.

LS WUT

Established Member
Unless I read what he was saying wrong. He stated he wanted to run a cowl hood on his 03 cobra.
hey everyone, might be a dumb question but thinking of ordering a cowl hood for my 2003 cobra. I may need a little extra room with a intake I am thinking of running.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Unless I read what he was saying wrong. He stated he wanted to run a cowl hood on his 03 cobra.
He did. But most cowl hoods are designed to work with GT front bumpers. The stand ups that go around the headlights are a different length between the Cobra and GT bumpers. Most aftermarket hoods (probably all) are made to work around the GT set up. That's what we're warning him about.

LS WUT

Established Member
02A9DDBC-FBF1-4EB9-AE65-325EAF3120BE.jpeg

Didn’t know that. I had the 95 Cobra R cowl hood on my old cobra. It lined up perfectly for me. Well I guess maybe I was lucky.

termcobra281

Established Member
I gave feather carbon a call and talked with the owner. I told him I had a 03 cobra and wanted a carbon hood, he is in the process of making me one. Its 4 inch bubble type. It should be fully carbon fiber and cleared. Should look pretty sweet as I have carbon driven trunk and spoiler and my car is torch red... I have always loved red/black combo.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
I gave feather carbon a call and talked with the owner. I told him I had a 03 cobra and wanted a carbon hood, he is in the process of making me one. Its 4 inch bubble type. It should be fully carbon fiber and cleared. Should look pretty sweet as I have carbon driven trunk and spoiler and my car is torch red... I have always loved red/black combo.
Post pics in this thread when you get it on!

termcobra281

Established Member
Post pics in this thread when you get it on!
Sure will. He said around 8 weeks. I am excited to get it. I will have to run those dzus fasteners on it. I like to get the carbon roof one day also. I think matching carbon down the hood, roof, and trunk would be pretty sweet. I also have the carbon driven side scoop, I need a few other carbon pieces like wiper cowl and grill but those will come with time.

GodStang

Established Member
I know this is old but yes when adding an aftermarket hood to the 03-04 bumper you have to pull in the two pieces next to the headlights or it will rub. Had to do it on mine and my buddies. Not a must but will rub the paint.

Users who are viewing this thread