EditorTurner

Established Member
0-American-Restoration-Vintage-Coyote-Mustang-Featured.jpg

Imagine Coyotes
Bodie Stroud built a custom ’67 Mustang for the singer of Imagine Dragons
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Bodie Stroud Industries

Coyote swaps are all the rage and a classic Mustang is one of the coolest vessels for a modern 5.0-liter swap. Of course if you are a rock star, you want something cooler than just an engine swap, and it doesn’t get much cooler than a custom 1967 with a supercharged Coyote engine. This Friday on History’s American Restoration you can see the car built by Bodie Stroud Industries for Imagine Dragons front man Dan Reynolds.

BSI has constructed custom cars for celebs like Tim Allen, Johnny Knoxville and Johnny Depp, so it’s no surprise that Dan turned to the company to build a custom ride for those times when he’s back home in Las Vegas, Nevada.

“Bodie Stroud is hands down one of the most inventive and talented car builders in the industry today,” Dan said. “I've dreamt of having a ‘67 Mustang since I was young and Bodie was absolutely the best man for the job – he is really good at keeping the classic integrity of the car while bringing his own creative modern twists to it. I can’t wait to see what he does with this project. I feel like a little boy on Christmas Eve.”

BSI revamped the car from top to bottom, not only swapping in a TVS-supercharged Coyote, but backing that powerplant up with an Aeromotive fuel system, a Magnaflow exhaust, Wilwood brakes and more.

“Building this Mustang for Dan was a great project,” Bodie added. “He was a great customer and I liked that he had a basic idea of what he wanted built, but let me build the car my way. I can’t wait to see the look on his face when we reveal it to him on American Restoration—he’s going to love this car.”

Check out the finished product on the show’s season seven finale this Friday, April 1 at 10/9 p.m. CDT on History.

1-American-Restoration-Vintage-Coyote-Mustang-.jpg

You’ll have to tune into American Restoration Friday night to see the finished 1967 Mustang that Bodie Stroud Industries built for Imagine Dragons singer Dan Reynolds, but this is an rendering of what they had in mind.

2-American-Restoration-Vintage-Coyote-Mustang_Dan-Reynolds.jpg

Dan Reynolds fronts Imagine Dragons, which is one of the most popular rock bands around. During his off time, Dan apparently enjoys driving cool cars, so he commissioned BSI to build a Coyote-powered classic Mustang.

3-American-Restoration-Vintage-Coyote-Mustang.jpg

Transplanting the wide Coyote engine into a vintage Mustang requires major surgery, including removing the shock towers. You can see how it all comes together on the season-seven finale of American Restoration.

The Mod List
Drivetrain
Engine: 5.0-liter Coyote Crate Engine
Forced Induction: 2.3-liter TVS Supercharger
Rearend: Strange Ford 9-inch
Driveshaft: Inland Empire Driveline 3.5-inch aluminum

Steering
Type: Rack and Pinion
Manufacturer: Flaming River
Steering Column: Flaming River

Interior
Seats: Recaro
Gauges: Ford GT gauges by SpeedHut
A/C System: Vintage Air

Stereo System
Kenwood

Wheels & Tires
Front Wheels: American Racing/Shelby Cobra 427, 17x9.5-inch, 6-inch backspacing
Rear Wheels: American Racing/Shelby Cobra 427, 17x9.5-inch, 5-inch backspacing
Front Tires: BFGoodrich 255/40-R17
Rear Tires: BFGoodrich 275/40-R17

Exterior
Paint: House of Kolor Custom Eleanor Grey

Fuel System
Fuel Pump: Aeromotive
Fuel Tank/Cell: Aeromotive

Brakes
Front Caliper: Wilwood six-piston
Rear Caliper: Wilwood four-piston

Exhaust
Headers: Original Ford
Exhaust: MagnaFlow 2.5-inch stainless

Cooling
Radiator: Mattson Radiators

Chassis
Chassis: Bodie Stroud Industries Front IFS Clip and rear triangulated four-link

Suspension
Front Suspension: Bodie Stroud Industries IFS
Rear Suspension: Triangulated four-link
Shocks: JRI Shocks
Sway Bars: Speedway Engineering

Raul-7

S-code 1967
Established Member
Yay another peppered grey Fastback. How ingenious and creative, like we haven't seen this a million times before.

Honestly, not sure what's the fascination with such a clone - would much rather have a GT500 Clone.

stephen-beckers-ultra-low-mileage-1967-shelby-gt500--image-barrett-jackson_100414130_l.jpg

Often times too much fiberglass [as in the case of the Eleanor] ruins the original lines and beauty of the car, so what was once a classic icon becomes a ricer's wetdream.

Users who are viewing this thread