Coyote Swap Track and Dyno Numbers

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Anyone out there done a coyote swap and have numbers. I would like to compare my numbers to see if I am the norm or doing decent for my set up. See Sig.

fiveohpatrol

Established Member
Anyone out there done a coyote swap and have numbers. I would like to compare my numbers to see if I am the norm or doing decent for my set up. See Sig.

That's probably about right, considering you're on drag radials with a street car. I did a fox coyote swap into my former pure street car and went 10.78 first time out, hoping to improve on that. Being able to leave the line at 7000rpm and having a faceplated trans makes a huge difference.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Man this is pushing me towards a swap instead of a 351w based motor.. How bad is/was the swap now in the sn95 chassis? I'd love to do the swap with no ac, ps, etc.

87coupe50

Established Member
My '87 has been a best of 11.54@121 on the stock tune and homemade air intake (street car at 3400lbs with me in it). It was previously tuned by a shop in the midwest where it only put down 387HP 361TQ. With that tune loaded it only trapped 118mph. I think the shop might have detuned it a little to try to stop the stalling issue it was having. Hopefully, next Monday I'll be going down to Revolution Auto and letting Adam perform his magic.

I saw tj4891's car car up at Carlisle.... very well done!

tj4891

Established Member
My '87 has been a best of 11.54@121 on the stock tune and homemade air intake (street car at 3400lbs with me in it). It was previously tuned by a shop in the midwest where it only put down 387HP 361TQ. With that tune loaded it only trapped 118mph. I think the shop might have detuned it a little to try to stop the stalling issue it was having. Hopefully, next Monday I'll be going down to Revolution Auto and letting Adam perform his magic.

I saw tj4891's car car up at Carlisle.... very well done!

thanks, i think my car will be there when u get there. they are redoing the trans. adam will get alil more alot of it i know he found out that my throttle wasnt opening all the way at the track so thats how i can get 125 mph before the i was traping 119 just like yours. adam will kill it!!! revolution ftw!!

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Awesome thanks for posting

I have just purchased a cobra jet intake and will be installing it with a stock gt500 throttle body with an adapter for the jlt intake to get a baseline number gain. This install and a 100 lb diet will take place in November after I get back from deployment. I will start a new thread with dyno, track time slips, install pics, and track video. I am hoping to go 10s on nt05s. Thanks for the posts its keeping me motivated on this long ass deployment.

Last edited:

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Yes

It does i am using a built 3650 from astro performance with a 26 spline input shaft. I would recommend not skipping here these motors make more power then some supercharged modar motors so spend the money and get a 26 spline something let me know if you have an other questions

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Ya aaawww noooo

stick with the 351
Don't waste your money on a 351. Even a properly built stroker 351 can not compete with a bolt on coyote swap when keeping money in mind. Even if you went with a nice set of AFR 225, a 428 stroker, a victor intake and some hella good tuning it still will barley make 450 to 470 at the wheels and your at around 8000 to 10000 grand for that motor. The coyote motor actually went down in price sense I did the swap. Free shipping through 5.0 resto is around 6000. Now all the supporting mods: computer and wiring; trans that can handle it; K member and bolt ons with tuning is extra stuff you would normally do with a 351 swap anyway. Can't fight technology and certainly don't be afraid of it. From all the research I will be picking up a minimum of 30 rwhp from my cobra jet intake swap. That puts me over 460 rwhp. Also this car will knock down 24 mpg on the highway easy try doing that with a big cube Windsor. ya right!!!. Let me know if any one wants a detailed list of all the parts needed with the associated cost for the coyote swap. Also if you need more proof I can post a video of me rapping my buddy’s stroker LS3 GTO at the track. Plus further more I haven’t even cracked the cam covers off imagine the setup next year when I get board and do ported heads and cams. WOOT Close to 600 crank hp N/A.

Last edited:

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Dam

10.5 @131 1.53 60ft 500hp e85 comp stage 3 cams boss manifold bbk long tubes and REVOLUTION AUTO TUNE!!
Thats what I like to see. Holy shit dude that is moving out. I have alot of questions of course. Suspension set up?, Tire/Wheel Combo, Does it have a stock bottom end and heads? 500 whp is alot do you have a dyno graph? Did the boss intake fit under your stock hood? PM Sent.

87coupe50

Established Member
Adam (Rev Auto) did the tune and picked up 41hp and 26tq with a JLT intake (426/401). I wonder if the 3" exhaust takes away from my torque numbers. Can't wait to run it at the track and see if I can break into the 10's.

Mosth8d, make sure you post up your numbers with that turbo setup! (thanks for the heat shield)

fiveohpatrol

Established Member
just had a new best with mine this weekend. I got to pull some weight out from my normal class and went 10.33@128 at 2860 lbs. This is with the stock control pack tune, JLT inlet tube, Kooks swap headers and 3" exhaust. I'm astounded at the performance of this thing.

87coupe50

Established Member
just had a new best with mine this weekend. I got to pull some weight out from my normal class and went 10.33@128 at 2860 lbs. This is with the stock control pack tune, JLT inlet tube, Kooks swap headers and 3" exhaust. I'm astounded at the performance of this thing.

Im guessing that you were running Coyote Stock? What JLT tube are you using? I didn't think they were compatible with the control pack tune or Coyote Stock tune.

Users who are viewing this thread