Coyote vs ls motor's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butters916

Established Member
Crap ass 2v PI motors make more than old push rod 5.0s. Also no LS motor makes 700 hp RELIABLY. Any 3v is just fine at 450RWHP. I think to many people belive to much of what they hear. LS motors and 3vs use the same materials for the bottom end so think about it. Some of this perception is probably because most LS guys go to cams and heads as some of their first mods and mustang guys usually go straight to boost. Now who is more likely to screw somthing up or blow a motor? I've have many friends who hate Fords and have LS motor and are only making 450ish at the wheels and are always worried that a rod or rod bolt will break and I've seen it happen. I don't know why but GM guys always seem to have more pride then mustang guys and always try to stretch the truth.

More pride? Why do mustang guys always get so defensive of smaller displacement motors? Its like everyone should be so impressed when a small displacement motor hits the power levels that GM did years ago. Think about it...even Ford knew they had to step up the displacement to get to the power levels of the competition.

F8L BYT

Established Member
More pride? Why do mustang guys always get so defensive of smaller displacement motors? Its like everyone should be so impressed when a small displacement motor hits the power levels that GM did years ago. Think about it...even Ford knew they had to step up the displacement to get to the power levels of the competition.

Yea no shit, everyone knows that bigger displacement=more horsepower. But its kinda funny that ford is making damn near the same power as a 6.2 ls3 motor and ford is only a 5.0! 1.2 liters less and same power:lol1: Get off your high horse chebby boy

Butters916

Established Member
Yea no shit, everyone knows that bigger displacement=more horsepower. But its kinda funny that ford is making damn near the same power as a 6.2 ls3 motor and ford is only a 5.0! 1.2 liters less and same power:lol1: Get off your high horse chebby boy

To respond to your post #60..you obviously havent read the MM&FF article on the new coyote motor...It proves you wrong about your thoughts on the rods and pistons.

Its funny how you think that because Ford is squeezing as much power out of 5.0L as GM is out of 6.2L that somehow you have won the HP wars. The LS3 is not even breathing hard making 422 hp and its been proven over and over by Texas Speed and Performance, and Late Model Racecraft and others. If you really think that mod for mod the New 5.0 motor is going to out produce the LS motor you are flat wrong. Time to quit stroking the blue oval.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
To respond to your post #60..you obviously havent read the MM&FF article on the new coyote motor...It proves you wrong about your thoughts on the rods and pistons.

Its funny how you think that because Ford is squeezing as much power out of 5.0L as GM is out of 6.2L that somehow you have won the HP wars. The LS3 is not even breathing hard making 422 hp and its been proven over and over by Texas Speed and Performance, and Late Model Racecraft and others. If you really think that mod for mod the New 5.0 motor is going to out produce the LS motor you are flat wrong. Time to quit stroking the blue oval.

says the new poster that is a diehard chevy boy....:sleeping:

F8L BYT

Established Member

Actually I have read the article and know exactly about the motors even speaking with an engineer who designed them so I know a little more about the motor than you do. They will be good for 460-470(motor) with a tune.

And what makes the ls3 motor so damn almighty? Because its owned by mullet dipshits that think they are touched by god? Sorry newb but your wrong. The 5.0 has stronger internals than the lsx plain and simple and therefor it will handle power just as easily

Mod for mod I know to an extent an lsx will make more power due to bigger cubes. But when it comes to spray/boost all bets are off

whipplecharged0

Established Member
yeah you got to hand it to ford for what they have finally done for the mustang world. no longer having to have a s/c to hang but can now beat n/a.!!!!!!!!!1

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
They will be good for 460-470(motor) with a tune.

So a tune only will net you 50-60hp? That's more than a typical forced induction car. Sounds a bit high to me for a n/a engine with already very good flowing heads and exhaust.

F8L BYT

Established Member
So a tune only will net you 50-60hp? That's more than a typical forced induction car. Sounds a bit high to me for a n/a engine with already very good flowing heads and exhaust.

Sorry I wasnt more clear, That was to see how much they could get out of the motor in stock form, So those numbers were without the accessories on the front and tunning it.

Butters916

Established Member
Actually I have read the article and know exactly about the motors even speaking with an engineer who designed them so I know a little more about the motor than you do. They will be good for 460-470(motor) with a tune.

And what makes the ls3 motor so damn almighty? Because its owned by mullet dipshits that think they are touched by god? Sorry newb but your wrong. The 5.0 has stronger internals than the lsx plain and simple and therefor it will handle power just as easily

Mod for mod I know to an extent an lsx will make more power due to bigger cubes. But when it comes to spray/boost all bets are off

Ha ha, so because Im a newb my view is worthless..whatever. As far as the new motor making that much power with a tune ill believe it when I see it. The LS3 is not the almighty by any means but being an old pushrod design it does pretty well. I cant wait for these new motors to start rolling out cause I would rather argue over facts than speculation. We Chevy guys may sport a mullet but you 5.0 guys will never live down...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr5toTGPIbE"]YouTube- Vanilla Ice - Rollin in my 5.0[/ame]

Butters916

Established Member
Sorry I wasnt more clear, That was to see how much they could get out of the motor in stock form, So those numbers were without the accessories on the front and tunning it.

Ok I have to call you on that...you claimed HP on a motor without accessories? Thats pretty damned funny. Maybe instead of Underdrive pulleys for power the new mod will be removing the serp belt:banana:

Cobra 6245

Established Member

Why should Ford quit stroking their motors? Is it because if it was a 6.0 the LS3 would look stupid? Seriously I work for a major auto manufacture (not Ford or GM) and if you think GM made the LS3 when they could have used less motor to get 422hp your flat wrong. If not saying this thing is maxed out but if they could have used another platform, say the 5.7 for example they would have used it. These companies have such much money tied up in engineering cost that they would not have spent the money to stroke the LS and add a new head casting to it, especially with the shape GM is in.

Butters916

Established Member
Why should Ford quit stroking their motors? Is it because if it was a 6.0 the LS3 would look stupid? Seriously I work for a major auto manufacture (not Ford or GM) and if you think GM made the LS3 when they could have used less motor to get 422hp your flat wrong. If not saying this thing is maxed out but if they could have used another platform, say the 5.7 for example they would have used it. These companies have such much money tied up in engineering cost that they would not have spent the money to stroke the LS and add a new head casting to it, especially with the shape GM is in.

LOL, I was saying "stroking" the blue oval jokingly cause he called me chebby boy haha

F8L BYT

Established Member

Stop trying, You will never win an argument with a GM nutswinger, didn't you know they are god?:rollseyes

Butters916

Established Member
Stop trying, You will never win an argument with a GM nutswinger, didn't you know they are god?:rollseyes

Yeah, I know this idiot is as dumb as the rest of them.

WoW you both are complete morons...fox5.0, you claimed earlier that a mod motor has less moving parts than a lsx motor? Obviously you cant count...lets see Ford: 32v, 4 cams, 2 timing chains GM: 16 valves, 1 cam, 1 timing chain.

Cobra 6245 you thought I literally said to quit stroking a motor..what else do I need to say?

exdeath

Established Member
I get a kick out of people acting like the are going to put cams and heads on a Coyote.

Look at it this way. When you want more power out of a LS3 what do you do? LS6/LS7 parts... then... what do you do when it's a LS6/LS7 already and you want to get more power, and you already have the latest greatest heads from the factory and you're at the end of the line? You can put LS(n+1) heads on a LS(n) but what do you put on a LS(n+1)?

The 5.0 is going to be one hell of an engine in factory form. It's not going to be some weak ass little 4.6 with 260 HP that has massive room for improvement, it's already going to have all that stuff that the 4.6 didn't. All this time and now finally a production 400+ HP N/A DOHC engine without a blower? How do you think they did it? The 5.0 is already going to have heads you WISH in your wet dreams you could get for your 4.6.

I predict 500 HP crank tops without FI; that's in line with the 100 HP/L that seems to be the industry magic number. That seems to be the benchmark for a N/A engine that is still reasonable without going over the top with crazy stupid F1 trickery that just isn't suited for a low cost volume production 100,000+ mile street car.

All I can say is it's about damn time. The only reason I even have anything remotely considered a Mustang is because the 03-04 Cobra; I grew up around real muscle cars where 400HP was considered minimum and never really had any interest in any slow modern Mustang until I got wind of what people were doing with 03 Cobras.

Last edited:

F8L BYT

Established Member
WoW you both are complete morons...fox5.0, you claimed earlier that a mod motor has less moving parts than a lsx motor? Obviously you cant count...lets see Ford: 32v, 4 cams, 2 timing chains GM: 16 valves, 1 cam, 1 timing chain.

Cobra 6245 you thought I literally said to quit stroking a motor..what else do I need to say?

I'm talking about less moving parts on the top end, yes there are more cams/valves but less actual moving parts like pushrods etc. making it more efficient and less parasitic loss. Once again nice try but you fail

Butters916

Established Member
I'm talking about less moving parts on the top end, yes there are more cams/valves but less actual moving parts like pushrods etc. making it more efficient and less parasitic loss. Once again nice try but you fail

Dude you really are stupid, I do believe that the cams and valves actually move in a coyote motor just like all others. The best part about you replying to these posts is that everytime you respond you sound even more incompetent than the last..let me recap

you claim they make 460-470hp at the flywheel with a tune and no accessories. Thats obviously rediculous because nobody dynos a street motor with no accessories, then you claim that top end components such as cams, valves dont count for moving parts but pushrods and lifters do? Nice try Genius.

C5Convertible

Established Member
-LSx motors can reliably take 700+rwhp on the stock bottom end, 450 is pushing it on a Mod.

700+rwhp reliably? You've been reading too many threads from forum vendors.

There are a few out there that survive. Most break eventually at that level.

Depending on the LSx # (1,2,3,6,7) you're pretty safe anywhere from 520-620rwhp or so

-LSx blocks have been reliably taken to 1000+rwhp and nobody has found the limit of the cranks yet. The only Ford comparables to this are the Cobra Cranks and Teksid blocks.

The IRON LSx blocks may handle that, but a factory aluminum block is good for 900rwhp or so, with aftermarket internals. 1000+rwhp? Who?

Factory cranks are good for 850rwhp, except the LS9 which is forged. I dont think any LS9 is over 800rwhp yet so time tell.
-Geoff

I think LSx engines are great! (look at my avatar!), but there is no need to exagerate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread