Coyote Woes

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
This thread had me so paranoid that I checked the oil in all of our vehicles yesterday.

My wife's '17 5.0, which is due for an oil change, appeared to have zero oil consumption, and the oil looked like fresh honey. I was shocked at how clean it was. She's supposed to check her oil weekly, but she recently admitted she is too short to reach the dipstick and thought I was checking it.

My Volvo on the other hand, which I had just topped off the previous weekend, was down 2 quarts. I'm willing to bet it's the stupid PCV system drinking oil like a redneck drinks Pabst. I have to check it weekly. It doesn't smoke, and the ground under it is clean (there's no lower engine cover anymore since some filthy wrenchmonkey chucked it a few years back)

Hey now easy with the Pabst comment that isn’t bad cheap beer lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
My beeyah tastes are quite refined.

ci-michelob-golden-draft-light-lager-8c99b2b0c0a2b01b.jpg
corona-light-bottle-lg.png

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Iron cylinder liners FTW.

Really curious what it is that is causing the 18+ 5.0s grief.

I thought I heard whoever did the liners in the coyotes wasn’t the same company that did the trinity motors. That said I thought I saw where they are moving the liner process in house now at Ford. So I wonder if that is the issue? Or delay if you want a new truck with a 5.0.

@13COBRA have you heard anything on this?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I thought I heard whoever did the liners in the coyotes wasn’t the same company that did the trinity motors. That said I thought I saw where they are moving the liner process in house now at Ford. So I wonder if that is the issue? Or delay if you want a new truck with a 5.0.

@13COBRA have you heard anything on this?

Honsel in Germany did the 2011-2014 process as well as casting the aluminum blocks. Same process Nissan uses in the GT-Rs.

GT350 and everything after that is all in house with Ford.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread