• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

CPR Turbo Install

Discussion in 'Power-Adders' started by robrbn, Mar 15, 2017.

1. robrbn

robrbn Active Member Established Member

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of my CPR turbo kit for my '14 - hopefully should be arriving in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime - for those who have installed the kit, do you have any tips/advice to help me with the install? I'll be installing the kit in my garage and was just wondering if anyone came across anything worth sharing to make the install go a little smoother. Not worried at all about it - already installed OPGs and billet timing gear. Maybe even order of install for everything so I don't throw something on before I should have done something else first.

I've read thru SignalZero's install page (https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/cold-hard-boost-cpr-kit-install.1024436/) and also Hondasaki's (https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/project-snot-rocket-cpr-turbo-build.1026412/).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. corepwn

corepwn Member Established Member

Here's a short order of operations that help you not go back and forth removing to reinstall pieces in order.

0. Install headers
    1. Install K-Member
    2. Install turbo support
    3. Install crossover pipe
    4. Install down pipe, leave hanging
    5. Install turbo
    6. Install waste gate

Also ditch the supplied oil feed line and pick up a premade 2ft -4an line. This will save a lot of hassle making the line, and you can get a premade for $11.00.

3. robrbn

Thanks! How about the oil drain line? Go pre-fabbed as well?

4. corepwn

Dustin/CPR supplies pushlok style hose that works there. If you prefer to move to a steel braided line, you will need a different drain connect for the turbo housing.

5. robrbn

Sweet - I could not be more anxious. Dustin can prob vouch for my impatience lol

6. GNBRETT

GNBRETT Well-Known Member Established Member

kool!!!! which Turbo did u opt for? u won't be disappointed! fukn kit rocks!!!!!

7. corepwn

Everyone is always anxious, and everyone always waits lol.
    The wait sucks, but the fitiment is great and the performance is excellent.

fulanititoo8198 likes this.
  8. deletednow2017

deletednow2017 Active Member Established Member

Just had it go on a few weeks ago, gonna have a detailed write up one day when bored. If you need help, PM me.

9. robrbn

Awesome man, thanks!

10. L8APEX

L8APEX On my tummy..! Established Member

So from those of you who have completed the install are there any helpful tools that were used during in the install that are not halfway common?

11. fulanititoo8198

fulanititoo8198 Member Established Member

The only thing is try to come up with a better way of mounting the fans, mine came off a few times using the included ones. I bought another radiator ziptie kit and made it more sturdy. I used multiple extensions especially 3/8, swivels, ratcheting wrenches with swivel necks. Nothing out of the ordinary. A lift would have been the most helpful though. You will need to extend one of the oem wideband sensor wires and pull it out of the harness for it to reach the downpipe. Mine gave me a lot of trouble, I ended up making sure I used the same gauge wire and no soldering for the sensor to work right. Also use heat shielding, tape or whatever on the wires and harnesses that are close to the exhaust parts. The DEI Gold tape that a lot of people use works well, but comes loose then you have to zip tie it in place with steel ties. I would recommend another product. I plan on redoing mine when I get to it.

12. robrbn

Any pics of the way your mounted your fan?

So you didn't solder the the extension for the o2 sensor? What kind of connector did you end up using? I have the extension cables form when I installed my longtubes - could I get away with using them if they are long enough?

13. corepwn

Don't use the O2 extensions. Once you peel back the tape and loom there's only one wire that has to be extended, it's the purple wire. I used a high quality crimp here.

14. robrbn

Gotcha - I'm assuming it's the passenger o2 sensor the needs to be lengthened correct? And I believe the drivers side doesn't get used anymore?

15. corepwn

yep, that's correct.

16. 2003mach1

2003mach1 Member Established Member

If it's an automatic you're gonna need a few adapter fittings and some hose to modify the factory cooler lines.

17. 2003mach1

2003mach1 Member Established Member

And if you're not using the sway bar you can cut the middle section out of the radiator support and it frees up a lot of space.

18. deletednow2017

deletednow2017 Active Member Established Member

It's a solid purple wire that has to be extended (pretty sure it was purple). Do not extend from the O2 sensor side. Leave it OEM length. My fan had to be mounted outside the car. It was really hard to get the clearance right while the radiator was mounted.

19. robrbn

Not sure if I know what you mean when you say don't extend from the o2 sensor side.

20. robrbn

Nevermind - I'm pretty sure you mean to add the extension to the wire loom side before the socket the o2 sensor plugs into.