CPR Turbo Install

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I think I easily have the record
Relax, and start picking up supporting mods, maybe knock out the opg upgrade.
Do some racing na and get timesheets for prosperity.
The kit will come

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

robrbn

Established Member
Haha - I'm afraid to ask what the "record" officially is.

I've already banged out the OPGs and billet gear as well as the 3.31 swap from 3.73s.

I think I easily have the record
Relax, and start picking up supporting mods, maybe knock out the opg upgrade.
Do some racing na and get timesheets for prosperity.
The kit will come

Reaper14

Established Member
That is a long long wait. I was reading old posts where he talks about how they will soon be putting out full kits to ship within the weem you order, but that was years ago. Guess it never took. Either way, Im very interested in this kit. Only one I have yet to hear negatives from.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
The biggest problem seems to have been suppliers in L.A. area taking their sweet time to bend tubing. A little bird said that shouldn't be a problem much longer.

Don't worry, my situation is very unique, I've been letting servicemen and others go ahead of me for a while now.
I lost a good chunk of my immediate family in a short time and I was left to deal with probate court and everything else involved when there are no wills.
I ordered my kit a few months prior. Hell I was bsing with Dustin a few hours before I unexpectedly lost my mom (58). Talking about living life up. Have fun, make mistakes, pass out in Tijuana and end up geting a big penicillin shot as a souvenir.

I was trying to decide between the new 2.9 Whipple's or a CPR turbo. Mom was the one who said splurge, have some fun, and go for the turbo.
The boost will just be that much sweeter.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Sorry about your losses man. Hopefully your kit shows soon. I was going the CPR route but the wait time swayed me towards the Whipple. I still had to wait 8-10 weeks for Whipple if I remember correctly. The best products in the business usually have wait times. I would prefer the CPR, but I have no regrets with Whipple. It sounds, looks (red), and runs badass, with zero issues.

robrbn

Established Member
Got the text from Dustin last night - kit was dropped off to be shipped out to me! Can't wait for it to show up and start the install!

GrabUblue

Established Member
Don't get too excited, mine was dropped off a few months ago and im still missing, turbo, gate, maf pipe, couplers ect.

Starting to think I should have just went a different route.

2003mach1

Established Member
Don't get too excited, mine was dropped off a few months ago and im still missing, turbo, gate, maf pipe, couplers ect.

Starting to think I should have just went a different route.

Yeah, get a list of everything you're supposed to have and check em off.
I was missing stuff that I didn't even know i needed until I ran into problems. I couldn't get the turbo to bolt up because it was hitting the thermostat housing, so I called dustin and found out I was supposed to get a different housing to clear the turbo that he forgot to send.

It's awesome once you get everything and get it together though.

btw.... it was exactly one year to the day when I got the last part of mine.

2003mach1

Established Member
I had enough time for a complete wire tuck waiting on mine. went ahead and moved the pcm, fuse block, and abs module out of the engine bay.
IMAG0776.jpg

robrbn

Established Member
Yeah... most of the kit showed up on Monday - but definitely still going to be weeks before I have all the odds and ends. Kind of hard to make a list of shit that's missing tho when there isn't a list of what you're supposed to have in the first place.

robrbn

Established Member
That looks amazing! Hats off to you sir. Where did you end up relocating everything?

Also, do you have a pic of the thermostat housing that's required to clear the turbo? I definitely don't have this part.

I had enough time for a complete wire tuck waiting on mine. went ahead and moved the pcm, fuse block, and abs module out of the engine bay.View attachment 429232

Last edited:

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I have read that these kits perform very well. The wait time would have me a little worried. I have sent them a few emails and have not received a single response. I think when the time comes to go FI I will be going with Fluid, Hellion, or even a simple TVS kit due to the fact I know I can reach the companies easily.

Users who are viewing this thread