Crank Relearn

KENS96M6

Established Member
So after I replaced the short block with the MPR built one I was actually able to crank the car on the 1st Lund tune. I had NO check engine light at that time. I attempted to do a crank relearn as basically every rotating part from the balancer to the clutch had been replaced. Using the N gauge I attempted a crank relearn. It failed and set the check engine light. I checked the code and it is related to the crank. Also could not clear the code. Speaking with Lunds tuner, I was told to wait until we made some pulls and try again after the tune is dialed in. I am now on the last 93 octane tune and the crank relearn failed again. Does anyone have any tips on using the n gauge crank relearn function? Anyone had issues? Thanks in advance, Ken

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I've had my engine dismantled a couple of times and I have never done the crank relearn.

SteveWK

Established Member
I loaded the stock tune back on my car and got it to perform a crank relearn. I don't know if that was the reason it wouldn't perform the procedure, but it is worth a shot. If you have an aftermarket cold air intake, you will need to put the stock intake back on before running it with the stock tune.

KENS96M6

Established Member
Thanks for the input. I wish now that I had just left it alone and not done the relearn. I guess I will try the old tune with the stock MAF.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve also never done a crank relearn.
The Lund’s should be able to help.
Good luck.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread