Crankcase venting with blower

old01cobra

Established Member
Running a V-1 Ti trim soon max pullied at 7K engine RPM.

You Paxton/Vortech/Procharger guys what do you run as far as a crankcase venting setup? Pics etc please....

Thanks

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
Not centri but Kenne Bell I run a screw in breather for the oil fill cap and then two hoses from both pcv ports to a catch can with a breather on top

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
The stock pcv system sucked it put too much pressure in the crankcase and would push oil out the pan gasket once I did the catch can it immediately stopped

DarkMach1

Established Member
How Procharger says I should. Lines from both valve covers T together and go into a catch can. Top of the catch can goes to the inlet of the blower.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
How Procharger says I should. Lines from both valve covers T together and go into a catch can. Top of the catch can goes to the inlet of the blower.

That's what I did on my 01 when I had the Procharger set up. I used a Bob's Motorsports can. I tried the breathers but I had a lot of blowby and got tired of the smell.

lenny127

Established Member
in my experience with boost it is always advisable to run a vented/baffled catch can . NA breathers are fine . Obviously everyone has their preferences . My set up on my Vortech V3 si ... I run a fathouse fab vented/baffled catch can with AN lines with coyote specific inserts to the valve covers.
27788226_10210312801245742_2452060733443944844_o_zpsdsytlaa6.jpg

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
The ideal scenario is to vent the passenger side valve cover to a breather/filter, catch can, etc. Then plumb the drivers side into the air intake pipe pre blower.

You want to pull vacuum on the crank case for 2 reasons

1. You want to pull all the crap out of the crank case that gets pushed past the rings under boost otherwise its going to mix in with your oil
2. Pulling vacuum on the crankcase will actually help the rings seal better to help reduce blow by and create more power​

old01cobra

Established Member
sorry to revive my old thread that’s a year old... But I’m finishing up the build. With the centri blower, can I keep both my jlt 3.0 hooked up like in Na form. Keep the Pcv valve in on the drivers and just t both jlt 3.0 can outlets together and feed that into the power pipe going into the pre blower?

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
sorry to revive my old thread that’s a year old... But I’m finishing up the build. With the centri blower, can I keep both my jlt 3.0 hooked up like in Na form. Keep the Pcv valve in on the drivers and just t both jlt 3.0 can outlets together and feed that into the power pipe going into the pre blower?

Yep. I've been running a setup like that for 10 years with my Vortech. Never a issue

old01cobra

Established Member
Thank you very much for the info and response I appreciate it and I’ll be setting it up that way.

TommyB

Established Member
If I may hijack this thread for a moment.... in my Termi/H122 build I was just going to vent to th atmosphere via catch can and breather. Running a vacuum line to the intake is an option though. Is there an issue with oil vapour gumming up the intercooler in my situation?
Thanks
Tom

old01cobra

Established Member
Ive been doing a lot of research on this I know I originally asked the question. But from what I am learning is on the drivers side you have the pcv, hose to catch can then the outlet hose from that catch can gets a check valve that goes into the blower/manifold. Then the pass side gets a hose to a catch can then a hose to the blower/manifold. Blow through like my Centri looks like you get the same thing but t- the outlets of the catch can into the power pipe running into the supercharger inlet.

Users who are viewing this thread